site not coming up-it just happened

I created my site vacationmemory.com 8mths ago and it was running smoothly but today it just could not come up...getting this error:
"This page isn’t workingvacationmemory.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500"

I talked to my hosting host and they said nothing has changed and all my WP sites are up and running except this.
So what happen??
Any quick fix?

Any suggestions would be helpful

thanks

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Please review the debug logs and if you can the php error log on your server (ask your host).

• According to the error_log file, the issue is connected to the missing file /home/squarely/vacationmemory.com/zp-core/functions-basic.php

Well, it is missing? However in the current 1.6. version the file actualy is not in that location anymore but `zp-core/functions/functions-basic.php

That would mean that you are on 1.5 or ealier. Check if your host updated PHP to 8+. In that case you need to update now.

• I updated to 8.1 and still not coming up---

• The settings--- so what needs to be checked mark?

40-vld
    A
    amqp
    apcu
    B
    bcmath
    brotli
    bz2
    C
    calendar
    core
    ctype
    curl
    D
    date
    dba
    dbase
    dom
    E
    enchant
    exif
    F
    fileinfo
    filter
    ftp
    G
    gd
    gearman
    geoip
    gettext
    gmagick
    gmp
    grpc
    H
    hash
    I
    iconv
    I
    igbinary
    imagick
    imap
    inotify
    intl
    ioncube_loader
    J
    jsmin
    json
    L
    ldap
    libxml
    lzf
    M
    mailparse
    mbstring
    mcrypt
    mongodb
    mysqli
    mysqlnd
    N
    nd_mysqli
    nd_pdo_mysql
    newrelic
    O
    oauth
    oci8
    odbc
    opcache
    openssl
    P
    pcntl
    pcre
    pdo
    P
    pdo_dblib
    pdo_firebird
    pdo_mysql
    pdo_oci
    pdo_odbc
    pdo_pgsql
    pdo_sqlite
    pdo_sqlsrv
    pgsql
    phalcon5
    phar
    phpiredis
    posix
    pspell
    psr
    R
    raphf
    readline
    redis
    reflection
    rrd
    S
    session
    shmop
    simplexml
    snmp
    snuffleupagus
    soap
    sockets
    sodium
    S
    solr
    spl
    sqlite3
    sqlsrv
    ssh2
    standard
    swoole
    sysvmsg
    sysvsem
    sysvshm
    T
    tideways_xhprof
    tidy
    timezonedb
    tokenizer
    trader
    U
    uploadprogress
    uuid
    V
    vips
    X
    xdebug
    xml
    xmlreader
    xmlwriter
    xsl
    Y
    yaf
    yaml
    Z
    zip
    zlib
    zmq

• You can check the log in the vacationmemory.com folder -> error_log file. Here are the last logs for your website:
    [13-Jul-2023 16:22:33 America/New_York] PHP Warning: require_once(/home/squarely/vacationmemory.com/zp-core/functions-basic.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/squarely/vacationmemory.com/zp-core/functions.php on line 18
    [13-Jul-2023 16:22:33 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/squarely/vacationmemory.com/zp-core/functions-basic.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php74/usr/share/pear') in /home/squarely/vacationmemory.com/zp-core/functions.php on line 18

• Q: can I just install a fresh copy and point to the sql database?
    I can move all the albums to the new folder.

How do I find out where the sql database located?
    thanks

edited July 2023

A misunderstanding probably, you need to update to Zenphoto 1.6 for PHP 8 support.

Regarding upgrade/installation process see the info on our website please.

• Where is the update section? Please provide the link..

thanks

On the download page below the download buttons…

• So I download a new one and have to start all over again?

So I download a new one and have to start all over again?

No, as explained in the update instructions. But if you customized things or use third party things you may have some extra work to do because of internal changes. See the release post for those.

• What I don't understand is why it broke in the 1st place and without any warning? And will this happen again?

edited July 2023

What I don't understand is why it broke in the 1st place and without any warning? And will this happen again?

It probably broke because PHP on your server was upgrade to PHP 8+ by your webhost and Zenphoto below 1.5 and earlier is not compatible with that.

PHP 8 is a major update so a lot of tools break with it. Host do notify about such updates beforehand usually. You need to pay atention to these notes and regulary make updates of tools used when available. So yes if you not following this it certainly may happen again, with every other tool, too.

• No, the php was below 8 and you the one that recommended that it goes to 8+

• so what php version should it be that I can tell my webhost to downgrade to make it work?

• All I want is to create a website to upload my travel photos...that it...
    I am just going to use WP via the bulk upload feature.
    Easier and more reliable

No, the php was below 8 and you the one that recommended that it goes to 8+

We had a misunderstanding here. You didn't state which Zenphoto version you were using so I guessed from the report about a "missing" file - you didn't even mention if it really was missing - that it is an older version and that the host might have updated PHP to 8 as a lot host meanwhile did. I therefore recommended to upgrade Zenphoto to 1.6. because everything below 1.6 is not PHP 8 compatible. You misunderstood to upgrade PHP. That apparently wasn't it but from your report I cannot tell what it might be.

Zenphoto 1.5 is compatible with PHP 7.4.x and probably still PHP 5.6.

In any case everything below PHp 8 is not maintained and supported by the PHP devs anymore so you should be running PHP 8. And therefore Zenphoto 1.6 because we don't support older release anymore.

If WP works for you, use it. The same compatibility things apply as to Zenphoto. Fun fact WP labels PHp 8 support still officially as beta. We don't ;-)