cookieconsent plugin download problem

ralf3 Member

Hi,

I am very new to zenphoto and have a problem with the cookieconsent plugin. I smply can't download it. When I click the "Info & Download (GitHub)" button, I get an error message "404 Tis is not the web page you are looking for". Could anyone help?

Regards
Ralf

Comments

• fretzl Administrator, Developer

That info should be removed. The cookieconsent plugin is an official extension since verson 1.5. You can simply enable it via Admin —> Plugins —> cookieconsent

• ralf3 Member

That's where I looked first. But unfortunately it is not listed there.

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

That's where I looked first. But unfortunately it is not listed there.

That cannot be if you are new to Zenphoto and therefore should have Zenphoto 1.6. If you are really on an older version than 1.6 or even 1.5 that would be really weird and you need to upgrade.

• ralf3 Member

My version is 1.6. Here is an excerpt from the plugin list:
    colorbox_js
    comment_form
    contact_form
    crop_image

If it is in alphabetical order, it should be between contact_form and crop_image. But there is no cookieconsent listed :-(.

• ralf3 Member

Yes, but the tabs loks a bit different.

The sub tabs may differ as plugin categories may change especially if there are third party plugins. Alos the screenshot is not the exact latest.

Then something might not be correct on your install. Please review your log for errors and also the following folder /zp-core/zp-extensions/ of your install that there is a file cookieconsent.php and a folder of the same name.

• ralf3 Member

You can find a screenshot here:
    https://uni-siegen.sciebo.de/s/JMq8rpiCXAttEwL

• ralf3 Member

Ok, the file and the folder are there. I will try to install the plugin manually.

edited July 2023

I will try to install the plugin manually.

You can try the related internal funciton for this but I doubt that will work if Zenphoto for some reason does not recognize it.

You need to find the cause. What do the logs say? I could imagine some file/folder permission issues or some other incompatibility.

• ralf3 Member

Now I have used the chrome browser instead of Firefox and now the cookieconsent plugin appears in the list.

Then I would assume one of the fpersistent browser caching issues that so often play "funny" tricks nowadays…

Try clearing the cache via the settings.

• ralf3 Member

Thank you for your support! I will try to clear the cash and then will try to configure the plugin properly.

You're welcome. Btw, in Firefox there is a shortcut for reloading with cache refresh, you can press Strg (or Command on Mac) + R for that.