notification emails

2 websites... same server. same config on both websites.

one website sends emails when comments added, etc.

the other does not.....

Both using zenphoto_sendmail

Both have email address listed in options--> general (same email address.

Comments

• fretzl Administrator, Developer

Admin -> Plugins -> comment_form -> option Enable comment notification

• heh.... I cannot get it to stick. I set it. Apply, then exit. when I go back... it is unchecked

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

What do the logs say?

• More info:
    Enable Comment form. Click Apply. Exit

Open website, comment on picture. Message is "No “to” address list provided."

Comment form is now unchecked.

I do have an email address defined in General

Log has nothing in it but:
    USER DEPRECATED NOTICE: mb_strlen (called from admin-functions.php line 302) is deprecated. Install the native PHP extensions multibyte and icon on your server or ask your host about it in /mnt/Disk1/www/cms.brownleefamily.us/zp-core/functions/functions-basic.php on line 2106

I do have an email address defined in General

Does that general email adress actually exist? Is your server actually setup for sendmail mailing properly? Sometimes the mail must exist on the server. Again, I can't help with actual server config.

Otherwise try the phpmailer plugin instead.

Regarding the deprecation. You should of course do what it suggest sometime ;-) I don't believe this is involved here though.

• Email exists.

I have tested sednmail.

I have 2 sites... cms.waltrips.com, and cms.brownleefamily.us. Both are set up identically. waltrips works. brownleefamily does not.

All the same server I assume? Do other mails work with Zenphoto? Try sending a mail via the user mailing list plugin please.

• yes, same server

will test mailing list shorlty

• Yes. mailing list works.

• Interesting.... I appled the PHP Multibye extenstions... and now the mail issue is fixed.

PHp 8+ - if you use that - got a little picky regarding type casting of variable values (string vs integer etc) so small things sometimes disturb that that on PHP 7 and earlier were never issues.

It is good to have it because in the future our fallback will be gone at some time.

• ya... running PHP 8. Not sure what the heck happened... but the mail feature is working just fine now.

Also.. log files are clean.

Good, either the mbstring deprecation really interfered somehow or it was just "glitch"…

• ya... In fact I just realized I was running PHP 7.4 (everything was working) today. Updated on my test instrnace, then updated my sites. mail still working.

Question. Is there any reason to keep deprecated-function installed?

Question. Is there any reason to keep deprecated-function installed?

Deprecated functions are removed with the next major release as indicated on the source code. But not within bugfix or minor release because that may break things.

The notice does not tell about when they are removed but the source code does and the listing on the functions doc.
    https://docs.zenphoto.org/1.6.x/reports/deprecated.html

If you were referring to the plugin of the same name that is itself deprecated. That does only cover some legacy deprecations (see 1.6. release notes). If you are sure don't use any of these you can of coursre disable it. All others deprecations cannot be disabled.