Matomo

I see there is a Matomo plug in...
URL is set
Site ID is set
Enable admin tracking checked
content tracking set to All Content

main domain set to website URL

• Embeded Code? Do I need to past the widget infor from Matomo here?

Comments

• fretzl Administrator, Developer

In Matomo click in the top right menu on Administration ("gear" icon), then click on Platform in the left sidebar menu, then click Widgets.
    Now you see a page where you can choose between two different iframe embeds.
    Copy/paste one of those iframe widgets in the plugins Widgets: Embed code option.

• there is a selection in Matomo called "Matomo Tag Manager", and it gived this code: does this look right?

var _mtm = window._mtm = window._mtm || []; _mtm.push({'mtm.startTime': (new Date().getTime()), 'event': 'mtm.Start'}); (function() { var d=document, g=d.createElement('script'), s=d.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; g.async=true; g.src='https://analytics.waltrips.com/js/container_E6Nb4M2f.js'; s.parentNode.insertBefore(g,s); })();
  • fretzl Administrator, Developer

No, that's not the one.
    Click on the little "wheel" next to Tag Manager and then as above.

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Note that this statistics embed only works if you are logged in into matomo already as well. There are extra steps to make that work without apparently I never tried: https://matomo.org/faq/reports/requirements-for-embedding-matomo-reports/

• OK... gear/platform/widgets

Looking there, I see Authentication, Widgetize Dashboards, and Widgetize reports.

I may not have asked the question very well.

• Is there anything I need to do to get Matimo to collect data from the website? other than installing the plug in, do I need to add anything to embed code?
    edited August 2023

No, a running Matomo install and general configuration is enough.

But for privacy you may need to add the content macro to allow the opt out tracking or disabling cookies or the consent options.

It is up to you this all is matching your jurisdiction regarding privacy.

• USA... so dont care about GPDRSXYZ$%@#

:)

thanks!!

Btw, I believe some states like California also have specific privacy laws that are not that far from the GDPR ;-)

• heh... in Ohio... still dont care (ha ha)

In any event I am just displaying photo albums. No secrets or compromising info or images.

The point with GDPR is of course not about your site's content but tracking personal information of visitors.

Anyway, not our problem but yours :-)

• LOL... I don't have a login for the website. Family photos... family accesses.

I understand about GDPR... I work in IT :)

Now if I could just figure out how to block China......

:-)

Now if I could just figure out how to block China......

There is no real way to block a "country". Two ways to block visitors:

1. Certain bots via robots.txt. But of course they have to follow that advice which only the majore search engines and such do.
    2. Block by IP via htaccess.