image rotation

version 16.2
PHP 8.1
Bringing in folders of images from the gallery menalto gallery that I am hoping to convert, some of the images are not with correct orientation - they have exif normal when they should have portrait orientation.
If I use 'edit image' and then 'rotate 90 clockwise' the thumbnail disappears and I cannot get it back - not only that but all the image thumbnails in the same album disappear too.

Richard

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    edited March 16

You mean there is no image displayed anymore? Any errors?
    Did you clear the image cache afterwards?

The last work on image rotation which follows the exif standards was in 1.6.1. Just to note that there are no changes from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 in this area.

• No image displayed - just it's name with a broken image sign.

Yes I cleared the cache. Just now cleared it again and more thumbnails disappeared - now running 'Refreshing cache for Gallery' but it will be a long while - currently '6 cache sizes to apply for 191731 images (1150386 cache size images in total*)'
    Will let you know what happens.

• Yes, plenty of errors which I don't really understand.
    I think I better re-install the whole thing and start again.
    Will let you know,
    Thank you,
    Richard

• Sorry about all the fuss.

I have reinstalled Zenphoto 16.2
    added a folder of images in folders
    attempted to rotate the image with exif orientation normal which should be portrait mode - as before thumbnail disappeared.
    when I went to view the gallery all the thumbnails in that folder, both album and image thumbnails now missing.

No errors in debug file.

I would be happy to give you access to the site - it is only a test site, hoping to prepare for migration of existing gallery menalto site.

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

I have reinstalled Zenphoto 16.2

Where did you get that future version from? (Sorry could not resist :-))

I think best for now would if you could send a test image. Perhaps it's a matter of the images respectively their Exif data somehow. We had tested this rotation functionality so in and out actually… You got my mail address ;-)