Lost Admin details

I have not used my website for a while and have lost/forgotten my admin log in details. When I go to mysite/admin I can't get past the log in screen. Is there anyway I can retreive/reset my admin name & password?

I'm not very knowlagable but can follow instructions

Hoping somebody can help

Thanks, Redstick

Comments

• fretzl Administrator, Developer
  • redstick Member

Thanks for the reply. I decided the easiest thing to do was to start again with a fresh install, but now I have another problem. The installation went OK (or so I thought) but now when I try and access the new site I get the message 'Site closed for upgrade - come back later. This happens even if I try to access the Admin page,

I'm assuming I didn't complete the set up properly, but don't know where to go from here.

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

If you had to create a user account after setup ran, it is completed. You should be able to login via yourdomain.com/admin

The maintenance mode is enabled by default when running setup t o avoid site aceces during that. And also is kept after the completed setup which is especially useful after installing an update so you can test all works before opening the site again.

If that really does not work, open the config file in /zp-data/zenphoto.cfg.php and find the entry for $conf['site_upgrade_state']. If it does not read $conf['site_upgrade_state'] = 'open', change it to that.

yourdomain.com/admin

Sorry, my fault, if it is closed for maintenance you need to use yourdomain/zp-core/admin.php

• Unfortunatley, going to mysite/zp-cors/admin.php didn't work.

However, if I go to - https://www.redstick-enterprises.co.uk/kpa/zp-core/setup/index.php?autorun=gallery

I get the following errors displayed -
    Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'redstick_kpaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/redstick/public_html/kpa/zp-core/classes/class-dbmysqli.php on line 26

Warning: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/redstick/public_html/kpa/zp-core/classes/class-dbmysqli.php on line 72

Warning: mysqli_error(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/redstick/public_html/kpa/zp-core/classes/class-dbmysqli.php on line 178

Fatal error: mysqli Error: ( SELECT version() ) failed. mysqli returned the error in /home/redstick/public_html/kpa/zp-core/classes/class-dbmysqli.php on line 83

Can anybody decypher that lot and explain what I've done wrong and how to correct everything?

TIA
    Keith

The errors basically mean that the MySQL database credentials are not correct. That you cannot access the backend is of course a follow up of this.

Check the config file that the credentials are filled in and are correct. If they are you will need to contact you webhost.

You cannot manually change the password as it is encrypted. Please see: https://www.zenphoto.org/news/login-and-password-problems/#----forgotten-admin-password--