Russian locale update

kuzzzma Member, Translator
edited May 20 in Translating

I've spent some time working on the update for the Russian language translation.

As of now, it's merged into main Zenphoto repository on the Github and available for use.

Current status:
100% completed translation for Zenphoto 1.6.3a

Plans:

• take a little break from it to gain a fresh perspective and review it once again
  • possibly replace some vocabulary used (though, i'm still on the fence about it): for example, change thumbnail translation from "миниатюра" to "превью"
  • to do translations for other third-party themes/plugins

If you are a Russian speaker and would prefer Zenphoto in Russian - give it a go and please, report any typos/mistakes and suggestions (here or via Github).
Also, I would love to hear people opinion on terminology to use.

Comments

• Hi, kuzzzma! Thank you so much for your work! Not only for translation, but also for good theme Paradigm. Some years ago i made partial russian translation of Zenphoto. I will check your "100% completed translation for Zenphoto 1.6.3a" soon and give a feedback.

Мне лично перевод слова "thumbnail" как "миниатюра" кажется оптимальным, устоявшимся термином для обозначения уменьшенных изображений в альбоме. "превью" всё же от "preview" = "предпросмотр" хорошо подходит для видео, когда при наведении курсора, изображение начинает меняться или если это фото, то увеличивается, а при щелчке открывается целиком, т.е. превьюшка это где-то между! Можно ещё использовать "иконка" "эскиз"..

• kuzzzma Member, Translator

Hi!
    This one is a continuation of your work, I've kept you in the credits for a reason)

I've finished translation, fixed typos and went over everything to make sure vocabulary was uniform throughout.