Update 1.6.3 - Albums not listed anymore

After the update Albums are not listed anymore in Admin area. They are still there and the website shows them. I could also upload images to an album

Comments

• tw2003 Member

I have to correct this. When I switch to "Show thumbnail stand-in" albums are listed. So in the thumbnails view the albums are not listed. At least I can access everything but it does not look that nice anymore.

• tw2003 Member

Now switching to images in the albums tab I don't see any images listed. So I got stuck here. Is that a database thing or more something with the php-files?

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

Please review your logs.

• tw2003 Member

Get these several times but nothing else:

USER DEPRECATED NOTICE: Parameter usage of zpFormattedDate (called from html_meta_tags.php line 284) is deprecated. Using strftime() based date formats strings is deprecated. Use standard date() compatible formatting or a timestamp instead. in /home/www/doc/8823/paledog.de/www/zp-core/functions/functions-basic.php on line 2225

trigger_error called from deprecationNotice (functions-basic.php [2225])

from zpFormattedDate (functions.php [304])

from htmlmetatags::getHTMLMetaData (html_meta_tags.php [284])

from zp_apply_filter (functions-filter.php [149])

from include (_head.php [116])

from include (image.php [9])

from include (index.php [128])

from index.php [79]

{141085:Fri, 14 Jun 2024 22:52:34 GMT}

DEPRECATED: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/www/doc/8823/paledog.de/www/zp-core/functions/functions-basic.php on line 342

trim called from require_once (functions-basic.php [342])

from require_once (functions.php [12])

from include (index.php [14])

from index.php [79]

Those should not be showstoppers (the first is probably because your theme still uses the old format before 1.6.x).

So I am guessing it might be file/folder permissions. If those are wrong ZP cannot access/create the cached images.

Why this occurs, no idea. Could be an update on the server by the host. Sometimes they mess things up… Did you do an update recently? Setup tries to set all right but on some servers it may fail.
    https://www.zenphoto.org/news/permissions-for-zenphoto-files-and-folders/

• tw2003 Member

Yes I updated 2 weeks ago (and didn't check thorough). I'm starting now to rerun all setup steps from version 1.6 to 1.6.3 with all versions inbetween. Just fished 1.6.1. and everything looks ok. So I keep you posted if and where it fails.

• tw2003 Member

It fails when I update from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3. This warning is odd:
    Zenphoto Setup v1.6.3 : Sat, 15 Jun 2024 11:40:43 +0200

Warn: Upgrade from Zenphoto v1.6.2 [89 releases skipped] We do not test upgrades that skip releases. We recommend you upgrade in sequence.

Weird, there have been no changes I remember in setup from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3. There was an issue with an internal version catalogue but that was fixed in 1.6.2. I didn't get it on my updates (our site for example).

But in any case it is a warning and not really a show stopper.

Since we actually plan to release 1.6.4 today which has no changes in that area, please try the support build.

• tw2003 Member

Tried the support build but result stays the same. Everything seems to be ok except the "Albums" tab and the Images tab inside of it.

I now know why the version warnng occurs. We had forgotten to update our internal version catalogue which needs to be done manually because an older calculation parts was not reliable, too. A good reminder because we again nearly forgot that for 1.6.4, too.

• tw2003 Member

On my test environment everything worked with 1.6.3. as well.
    Version on live system
    PHP version: 8.1.29
    Database: MariaDB 10.11.6

• tw2003 Member

I tried something. I took the admin-functions.php from version 1.6.2 and put it on the live server and then I the thumbs. There has been a change to version 1.6.3 starting line 4753 that has to do with admin thumb generation. Maybe take a look into this one. And the lines 4814 ff.

Please try some debug code: Modify this admin-functions.php function this way:

function getAdminThumb($imageobj, $size = 'small') {
    $values = getAdminThumbSizes($imageobj, $size);
    debuglog($values); // Add this and report what the log says pleaase
    return $imageobj->getCustomImage($values['thumbsize'], $values['width'], $values['height'], $values['cropwidth'], $values['cropheight'], null, null, true);
     }

I have a suspicion but you need to help with that

• tw2003 Member

It does not log anything. I added it in line 4816.

• tw2003 Member

Sorry it does.
    ERROR: Call to undefined function getSizeCustomImage() in /home/www/doc/8823/paledog.de/www/zp-core/admin-functions.php on line 4831

That would explain the your problem If I could reproduce it… I don't get that error and I just tried locally with even the image cache cleared so they are really regenerated. All thumbs on the album tab or the images tabs work for me as always…

getSizeCustomImage() is a template function and not even a new one. It could theoretically be that the functions would not be loaded on that page. But then I would have to get that error, too…

Well, another try: Open admin-edit.php and on top you see the line
    require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/admin-globals.php');

Please add require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/template-functions.php'); right after it.

• tw2003 Member

Yes that fixes it.

Ok, I will add that then. Something must be different on my install so that those functions are already loaded elsewhere…