All Themes Depreciated

I downloaded ZP 1.6.4 and uploaded the themes in the ZIP.

When I go to my themes page I see this:

All Depreciated

As you can see all themes are depreciated. So I decided to go to The Officially Supported Themes in an attempt to download more.

At the bottom of every page is this:

No Way to Download Supported Theme

So you can hopefully understand my confusion at this point. There is no way to download an officially supported non-depreciated theme unless I am missing something.

Could you please link me to some themes that work with 1.6.4 and are not depreciated?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

The official themes are quite old and a bit outdated. They are not worth a real rework anymore. They are maintained and get fixes but not any larger feature oder layout changes.

edited June 26
  • That is very helpful. The themes page is a graveyard of broken links with no real way to know what is supported or actively works with latest versions of ZP 1.6.4

For example, dead "Info & Download (external)" http://gilles.dodinet.fr/page/zp-ext

GitHub link, not updated in 13 years: https://www.zenphoto.org/theme/flickerd/

As a newcomer I would expect to simply see a table of themes and their supported ZP versions.

Well, as stated third party themes may not work, especially those on our collected repository will not.

We also don't know which version some old theme does work with. Probably that from the last update. But no updates for 13 years tells right away it probably will not with the current version.

Sorry, we have no resources to test these themes or regularly look if their vendor sites disappeared. But we will cleanup the themes section a little in the future.

• zten Member

I am really disappointed by the answer to this question. There is a theme option but no themes are supported by Zenphoto team. Also it is really a shame that the included themes are deprecated and no valid themes are included in the release. I thought that Zenphoto should be THE option for me but now I am really reconsidering it if I can not rely on the development and bug fixing.

edited August 31

no themes are supported by Zenphoto team

That is not true. The included themes ARE supported as long as they are included and that will be for some time. We just don't rework them or add new theme features to them any more. If we include a new plugin, the themes get general updates for that.

We do support the forked themes mentioned regarding bug fixes or other issues if we are pointed to them. But they have been written by someone else so sometimes it is work to do more than that.

There will be at least one general purpose theme in the future.

You need to understand that we are a niche project with a small team working basically in our spare time for free. We are dependent on users reporting issue in any case and these themes specifically.