Basic theme from 1.5.9

Hi,

I'm making a test case for 1.6.4 upgrade. I have a basic theme that's slightly altered with css and permissions on user to ensure a guest can't go into options with the menu bar. I tried porting the theme to 1.6.4 and it works but I cannot see the menu bar any more. The zp-admin module. Which file in the theme would be responsible for enabling or disabling the menu bar? Or do I have to start from scratch to customize the 1.6.4 basic theme to fit my needs that were done on 1.5.9?

Tags:

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

What you refer to we call the admin toolbar ;-) That toolbar is added via a filter call zp_apply_filter('theme_body_close'); the is in inc-footer.php file of the basic theme. It's one of three filter calls any theme should really have to work properly. That is actually that way since 1.4.5 (11 years agi) already.

I strongely suggest to read the release notes of 1.6. - 1.6.4 and frequently review the debug log for deprecations as there are a lot new now.

Also note that 1.6.4 currently has a bug with image meta data imports - if that is really important for your site - due to an internal change in 1.6.3 that we missed. Also image sorting is accidentally broken.

• Hey, I was able to get the toolbar back. Time to read on the release note changes. Is there an eta on version 2.0 release?

• kuzzzma Member, Translator

Don't know the estimate for 2.0, but 1.6.5 is probably coming soon, with bugfixes

edited July 13

1.6.5 is probably indeed coming some time this month.

No, there is no beta or even alpha for 2.0 and there is no schedule for it planned at all. You will know as we will post about that on our site if it is. The deprecation notes just document that they will be removed with the next major release. Until then they are save to use.

• Hi, is there a way to export user credentials to my new install?

edited July 29

Not directly, you basically have to move your install as described here: https://www.zenphoto.org/news/moving-and-changing-existing-installations/

You could however use a tool like phpmyadmin to only export and import the administrators table, too. Have not tried that.

• Dynamics99 Member
    edited August 9

Gotcha, and I'm having an issue with the footer links not appearing any page except the index page. When I click on an album the footer links disappear. I have checked to make sure to include the inc-footer.php file

Here is the footer code

<?php if(class_exists('ScriptlessSocialSharing')) { ScriptlessSocialSharing::printButtons(); } if (function_exists('printFavoritesURL')) { printFavoritesURL(NULL, '', ' | ', '<br />'); } //if (class_exists('RSS')) printRSSLink('Gallery', '', gettext('Gallery RSS'), ' | '); //printCustomPageURL(gettext("Archive View"), "archive"); printCopyrightNotice(' ', ''); ?> | Contact us <?php if (extensionEnabled('contact_form')) { printCustomPageURL(gettext('Contact us'), 'contact', '', '', ' | '); } if (!zp_loggedin() && function_exists('printRegisterURL')) { printRegisterURL(gettext('Register for this site'), '', ' | '); } @call_user_func('printUserLogin_out', ' | ', ''); // printPrivacyPageLink(' | ', ' | '); // printZenphotoLink(); ?>
    <?php call_user_func('mobileTheme::controlLink'); call_user_func('printLanguageSelector'); zp_apply_filter('theme_body_close'); //if (zp_loggedin(ADMIN_RIGHTS) && $_zp_current_admin_obj->master) {zp_apply_filter('theme_body_close'); } // else if (zp_loggedin(UPLOAD_RIGHTS)) {zp_apply_filter('theme_body_close'); } //else {zp_remove_filter('theme_body_close', 'adminToolBox');} ?>

In any case always review your logs first. Probably its this: https://www.zenphoto.org/news/zenphoto-1.6/#--special-note-for-theme-authors-regarding-php-81

Please take the time to read the release notes. There are lots of changes.

• fretzl Administrator, Developer

Be careful with commenting bits and pieces of code.
    Looks like you have commented several lines and thereby orphaning some closing braces.