multiple hyphens in filenames?

Have recently transferred to a new webserver many zenphoto setups created previously.

One of the Zenphoto websites I look after, using Zenphoto 1.6.4 or 1.6.5RC is giving me a lot of problems with filenames including 3 consecutive hyphens - eg: 01-ONBEKENDE-Name-Vanne---Names-Surnames-UNKNOWN

are such filenames now not permitted in Zenphoto - I notice that if (in Albums) I create a new album and name it
B-Surnames---Vanne-B it creates a filename for that folder of B-Surnames-Vanne-B

Just trying to establish where the problem lies before I waste any more time on it! It doesn't seem to be the webserver itself (linux) as Joomla on the same webserver creates and uses filenames containing --- without a problem.

Thank you,
Richard

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer

are such filenames now not permitted in Zenphoto

Not sure what you mean by "permitted"… Cleaned filenames are a best practice recommendation. Depending on your server and your visitor browers you can certainly try using spaces or special characaters, too. Life is just easier without them…

Zenphoto only processes album/image file names if you upload/create them via the backend or if you use the seo-cleanup utility manually.

If you correctly transfered your sites the filenames would not change and therefore have been that way before.

• The transferred sites were fine, including the 3-hyphen filenames but I have been having some odd problems with this particular site and wanted to check that one out with you.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Richard.