&raquo in ZpMinimal

Is anyone else using ZpMinimal? Its my favorite theme but I get the following text in the path line of the theme: &raquo.

I have contacted the developer of this theme but had no reply so I thought I'd try here...

Regards

D

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
  • Hi acrylian, hi deljones,

I have the same problem and read the developers note. So I understand WHY some html is appearing (in my case it is in the default theme << >> ). But I did not understand what I have to do to avoid it.
    I am happy for your suggestions...
  • What you have to do to avoid it is not pass the encoded string, pass the actual characters you want to show. Of course you have to search out where they are in your theme and replace the `&raquo` with `»`, etc.
  • Hi both..

Yes same here... understand but totally lost where to start. I assume we have to look through each page of the theme in the theme editor and make the change there?

Del
  • Hi..

Fixed this...

I use a MAC so I used xcode and did a find and replace in albums.php.

It is dull you have to go through all the files in the theme to search them out.

Hope this helps

Del
    Well, sorry, it is up to the theme's developer to update his themes. Did you contact him or looked if there is a new one maybe meanwhile?
  • acrylian

No problem and thanks.

I have contacted the developer of zpminimal but had no response so I guess I'll just have to wait for any upgrade to the theme. I have been able to do a 'find & replace' and it has worked is some parts of the theme...

Thanks again

Deljones
    Normally gjr is normally quite responsive and helpful but might be on vacation or just very busy right now.
  • I didn't tell the developer of my theme but will do so later.
    I tried to find all &raquo and replace it but it did not work out properly...
    Thank you for your support.
    Hanna
  • I contacted the developer. His answer is:
    "Hi there,
    I'm afraid it's so long since I designed and built the zenphoto theme that my knowledge about the theme is no longer relevant. Other developers have changed, improved, and expanded the default theme, so despite my name still being attached, I've had very little to do with it lately.
    So unfortunately, I can't help you.
    But I would recommend you ask your question in the zenphoto forums:
    http://www.zenphoto.org/support/
    Joen"

Okay. So, back at the beginning.
    I tried to find all &raquo and stuff and replace it. Somehow I made a mistake. Now theres not shown &raquo but weiter>>
    Could you please describe step-by-step what and where I have to replace? Or could you find somebody to update the Default Theme?

Thank you,
    Hanna
  • What a pity. I love this theme. Its simple quick and clean. I've tried the others but always seem to come back to zpminimal. Thanks to the developer anyway for a fine job. Maybe someone will pick it up and carry on.

Regards

Deljones
    @hannacharlotte: Note that this thread is about the theme named "zpminimal" and the developer is found on his website www.gir-web.com. He even has his own forum for support of his various themes (although he may be a bit short of time at times). zpminimal is not that old in fact....

If you contacted someone named joen you are talking about the "default" theme which is not thetheme this topic is about and an entirely different theme. Since it is one of the six officially supported theme it does not have this issue. As always if you customized a theme it you need to update it yourself.

I am not familar with zpminimal at all but the issue applies normally to breadcrumbs and pagelist navigations. Those should be easily found.
  • Hi Acrylian,
    in fact I AM using the default theme. Thats why I contacted Joen.
    I posted in this thread because I didnt want to open a new one and I do have the same problems as deljones (but I have them with Defauslt, he has them with Minimal. But same issues with the html showing, strange).
    As I customized the theme a little I will have to have to go through all the files in the theme to search them out.
  • I fixed it (in a dummy way).
    Seems that it didnt like the "<<" an ">>" at all on the index.php. I deleted them. Now I only have the words "next" and "prev" to navigate, without the arrows. But I dont care.
    Thank you*
    Hanna
    No problem, Joen is not part of the Zenphoto team for years (even wasn't when I joined actually). Anyway, what is included in the release is supported by us. My colleague posted above how to get the arrows (that are French quotes actually).
  • Hi Hanna...

Yes I did the same. You might want to look in album.php for the &raquo text.

Del