Zenphoto needs to run setup

I have a ZP install that I did about six months ago. It ran just fine without incident. I haven't changed anything on the site, but now instead of the site coming up, I get a blank screen with this message:

Zenphoto needs to run setup but the setup scripts are not present. Please reinstall the setup scripts.

I literally haven't touched the site in months. What could be causing this problem? Will running the setup scripts fix it?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
  • Thanks, I read that and successfully fixed the problem. I am unsure as to the original cause, however a query to the web hosting company returned this info:

"The problem may due to PHP5.3 that has been installed to GAME server on 2012-08-20. It is possible that your script is not compatible with PHP5.3. You can try to change PHP version for your account back to PHP5.2 by add the following code to your .htaccess :

=========
    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php52 .php

Could the change in PHP versions be responsible for my original problem?

I didn't change the .htaccess file, as the site is now working once more. When I ran the setup again, it came back with a list of files that ZP reported as "changed", which included all of my custom pages, along with some other files. I checked the timestamps on all of them, and all were from the same date of about a month ago.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Yes, any change be it files or server configuration triggers this to be sure Zenphoto works correctly. So a new php version would be it. Setup also compares the files to be the same timestamp and all Zenphoto files based on a cataglo for security reasons so no one sneaked something in. Older custom files don't apply naturally (custom files should never be within /zp-core anyway).

Zenphoto works as far as we know up to PHP 5.4.x already btw.
  • Good to know. Running setup again fixed the problem, so no need to downgrade the PHP version. This web host was one the client had prior to my install of ZP on their site; bad form not to notify users of impending PHP version upgrade!

Thanks for your help!