Slideshow caption/description

For slideshow I prefer to use jQuery Colorbox option because of the variable image size which fills the viewport, and makes it scaleable for tablets and smaller. However there is only the option to display title below the image.

Using slideshow with jQuery Cycle there is option to display description under the image, and other data fields are also nicely displayed above the image.

a) any chance of the options for slideshow with jQuery Colorbox to be extended to allow display of description.

or b) can you point me to where in the code I might be able to change it to display description as well as, or instead of title.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Colorbox does not provide any feature to display longer text. You possibly could modify the slideshow plugin to use the desc instead of the title (Colorbox fetches the title attribute of the link) but then you probably need to create a new colorbox theme to allow the needed space as well.
  • Perfect. ~line 255 of slideshow.php changed gettitle() to getdesc() and slideshow display is now what I was hoping for. Thank you.