just updated, now images link to non-existant pages?

Greetings All...

I've created a sandbox for the latest version, and I'm having a bit of a problem on the album page... instead of linking the thumbnail of an image to the image itself, it links to "image.jpg.php", which of course, doesn't exist...

I've spent quite a lot of time trying to figure out what changed and where... any one have ideas?

Thanks,

Comments

• fretzl Administrator, Developer
    Have a look at Options -> General -> URL options ;-)
  • Also make sure you have mod_rewirte set. The above URL is a rewritten one so the file does not need to exist.
  • Sigh.

Okay, found that option, thank you. Hadn't realized that my other site already had it off.

Now of course, instead of getting the image it generates a blank page. The url created is missing the word "album", so it doesn't appear. If I turn on mod rewrite (and delete the .php) it generates a url with the index, but also ends up at a blank page.

Software is fun...

:{
  • Two things:

If you turn off mod_rewrite then you cannot use that link at all. Not mod_rewrite links look like ..../index.php?a=xxxi=yyy

If Mod_rewrite is on then your server MUST support rewrite rules and you MUST have a `.htaccess` file. Check if you have configured the rewrite module in your server software.

Unfortunately, if you are your own hoster you simply must understand how to configure your site.
  • Oh, mod rewrite is working, the .htaccess file accepts it, etc. It was working, until the latest revision (which is not currently active). My server is pretty well up-to-date as far as that goes; if not, I can bring it up as needed.

I'm just more interested in zenphoto working than in learning the nitty on the inside. :} We'll, we'll see what Malte has to say about it.

Thanks!

Jason
  • Ok, feel free to wait for Malte, but he might just not be the expert in this area.

BUT if Zenphoto generated the above link then it believes you have mod_rewrite enabled and working. If the link does not work then infact mod_rewrite is NOT working. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the link, it is what one would expect to get with a rewrite and a `mod_rewrite suffix` option set to ".php"

BTW configuring your site is pretty much not related to Zenphoto unless you choose to configure the two incompatibly.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Just to quickly respond here as well. All album/image links I saw and tried on the site mentioned in the mail were non-modrewrite and did work as expected. The overall site seems a bit slow but that is all I noticed. So I am not really sure what the problem is here actually besides that the site seems to be a mix of Zenphoto and static html pages?