Batch Photo Upload not working since update to latest version

I am NOT a computer expert and use the Dreamhost company as my web hosting service. They have a "one-click" install program which they provide which is how I added my copy of Zenphoto. I have used Zenphoto quite a while and like how it performs. However, recently, Dreamhost did an "update" to the lastest version of Zenphoto and since the update, I am unable to send up a batch of photos (frequently send up 50-100 photos at a time)--can only select and send photos up one at a time. On the "upload" page I have noticed that there is an added feature with a drop down menu box with 3 choices--I selected the "Flash" version because this is the only one that is simlilar to the older version of Zenphoto but when I click the upload button, it hangs up and freezes after sending up a few photos. In numerous e-mails back and forth with the Dreamhost tech support, they have had me do things to php.ini, change and send up text files via ftp, change from php 2fast cgi to php3 fast cgi--none of which I understand nor how this is suppose to fix the original problem. Has anyone else had trouble sending up batch files using the Zenphoto upload page and have you solved this issue? I will need completely dummied down, step by step, instructions if you have a solution. Otherwise I will be stuck switching to something else, such as Flicker--ugh or Facebook--triple ugh! Thanks in advance for any help! Sincerely, Duke Gill

Comments

• We are sorry, but we are unable to help with these installs made by the various helper scripts as we do not know what they are doing.

You will have to get Dreamhost or the makers of their one-click install to help you sort out your issues.

You can install Zenphoto as indicated by our updating instructions. That may not work if installing "over" your one-click install, though.

You can also consider using someone who offers paid support for helping with Zenphoto. There is a link for these providers below.
  • Unfortunately, Dreamhost said that I would have to get the ZenPhoto tech support to solve the issue (of course). Not being a computer expert I would not even attempt to try to install a new version over the old one as I am afraid I would loose the thousands of photos I've already uploaded. I guess I will have to switch to another gallery program as I cannot afford paid support. Thanks for the response.

Duke Gill
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    If you don't delete or overwrite the root /albums folder you will not loose any albums/images. A database backup using the Zenphoto own tool is also alway a good idea. The upgrade process itself is described in detail on our site's installation page.

If one upload way does not work, please try the other two. Also you can upload images and folder (albums) to the /albums folder via ftp. That is even more convenient if you upload lots of images at the time.

Otherwise if something hangs, here must be some error somewhere in the logs. Without knowing that we cannot help here in any case.