I'm back

It's been 2 years since I ran a current version of Zenphoto but I'm running one now. I left because I couldn't get the then latest version running on IIS but years have passed, kids have come along and I no longer have time to maintain a local server so things are getting moved to a hosting environment. That means I get to use Zenphoto again!
After 2 years of frustratingly working with Gallery2, Coppermine, Plogger and others, I'm glad to be back with Zenphoto. It took me all of probably 4 hours to install zenphoto, upload a few galleries, tweak the zpminimal theme to fit my style, and configure the PayPal shopping cart plugin and everything else. No other gallery software does this as easily as Zenphoto!

So yeah, glad to be back!!
http://photos.danfrei.com

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Welcome back then! How could you dare to use another tool than Zenphoto at all?...;-)
  • Sorry it took you so long to install:)

Good to hear you are back. Hope you will update your old themes for those who miss them.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Some new themes or older ones updated would be quite welcome...;-)
  • I was thinking about that! Once I get my site 100% I'll work on my older ones.
    I did modify zpminimal to be a mobile theme(made it a bit more finger friendly for mobile).. still a work in progress but very workable. The mobile plugin works great as far as I can tell and now I have a similar theme for desktop and mobile for a more cohesive solution. Great stuff so far!
  • And most of my "install" was uploading images, wording descriptions, testing paypal and tweaking CSS.. the "install" of Zenphoto was all of 2 min.