image size change

I have ver 1.4.3.3 using effervescence plus and used to be able to use 800 as image size (after the thumbnail page) but now it comes up as 595 and has to be clicked to a new screen for the 800 to show.
I've attempted to change css of the theme and image and found where 615 is and changed them to 820 (I assume there is a 20 px surround)but it doesn't actually change anything.
Where can I change it to display 800 longest side?

Comments

• I'd better alter my thoughts on the fact that "I THOUGHT I was able to display at 800 pxls"
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    My collegue is more familiar with this theme but it has lots of personalities. Some are quite fixed regarding styling like simpleviewer (flash) and some others. Which do you use? Normally you should be able to change the size on the backend theme options.
  • I use Image Page. I've tried the other personalities and they don't expand larger to a new screen and I at least need that for large pans. So I still need to change to 800 display size if possible.
  • Because of its CSS coding, this theme sets the size of images displayed to 595 and does not allow you to change that option. So your task is to both fix the CSS and to override the default size setting.

That is best done by making a copy of the theme and changing the copy. Change the default size to 800 and fix the css to go along with that.
  • Thanks. I've already tried to do that by changing the css (I went to the area of "individual image") of styles/blueandgreenplay and kissmyfather (as I thught I remembered that coming up somewhere) but it still comes up as 595. Which css am I to change?
  • Not CSS at all--one of the theme options.
  • Where in the theme options is it, because I've seen one area that has 595px - short-longest side etc but it's greyed out and can't be changed. I thought I'd gone through every other theme option page but couldn't find any reference to image size. So where is it?
  • ... also .... I've just -your previous reply where you say to change a css but now you say not css at all???? I'm confused?????
    You have to change both. And you have to modify the theme options because this option is disabled by default because it uses a fixed size.
  • Which css do I change, because I've already changed blueandgreen.css to 820 but it still wont allow me to change it in theme options. Treat me as a simpleton and tell me what css and what theme option to change please. otherwise we're going around in circles.
    Sorry, I have no idea which css as I am not familar with the theme. I guess the one of the personality chosen.

The option is on the backend option for image size. The theme has a file named theme-options.php. There it is disabled.
  • @gypsies : why don't you use the Firebug extension for Firefox, so you can "live-change" and test any CSS attribute, and know which CSS file has to be modified?
  • thanks to both. found themeoptions.php and saw where I can change 595 to 820 but where doI Enable it as it still wont allow to alter it in options?
    See line 133 in the theme's themeoptions.php and remove in line 134 `return array('image_size');`This enables the option on the theme options.
  • Thanks. Deleted that and changed theme options/image size to 800 but the image won't display until I click on the graphics square which takes me to a new screen at 800.
    I changed blueandgreenplay.css (in desperation) to 820 (to include margin as it had 615ps there) it still doesn't work.
    What else do I need to do/change?
    What do you mean the image won'T display? Did you look at the theme's image.php?
    Otherwise maybe post a link.
  • The box that's supposed to contain the image, 595 or otherwise) is blank if I have anything other than 595 in theme options. What comes up is a broken link graphic.
    I've looked at image.php and can't recognize what's missing/relevant to show the image. Hints?
    Also since the upgrade, random images don't come up and sometimes album random images don't display but do I post another topic for that?
    www.infocentre.com.au/gypsies
    I quickly looked at the site and for me all seems to work, even 800px images. Screenshot:
    http://zenphoto.maltem.de/Test/screenshot.png.php

The random images not appearing is often a sign of the server not able to process it.You should always review the server error log on this.
  • Ok Thanks. I'll ask my son if he can see it at 800 as well and then I'll shoot my laptop and have a whiskey.
    Maybe try clearing your browser cache first...;-)
  • 800's working now and I also cleared the cache.
    The random on the front page still doesn't come up so the server error log you mentioned - this came up frequently:
    {Sat, 06 Oct 2012 08:02:59 GMT}
    Backtrace: WARNING: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/infocent/public_html/gypsies/zp-core/admin-options.php on line 2443
    in_array called
    from admin-options.php [2443]
    No idea right now. Try to use the databse refresh button on the overview page. Maybe filesystem and database are out of sync.
  • I do not think that error would be involved on any front-end display issues. BUT, something is definately wrong, because that error should not occur. Probably however you chanted the theme made the array with the unsupported options not syntactically correct. That is what the error is all about.