Password Protect Gallery

Just looking for a bit of help on how to password protect my entire gallery. I have created users and marked my gallery as restricted, but the login page that I am presented with now does not allow my users (or even main admin user) to log in at all. This login page is different to the Admin login page (which is still allowing my main admin user access). Hoping someone can point out what I am missing here. Thanks.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Could you be more specific what exactly does not work? The forum should allow entering the user name and password. See also the related plugin options (user login-out, register user).
  • Ok. Here is where I am at. I installed Zenphoto. After loading up a few galleries I expected and creating users I expedted to see a login page when entering the url; instead it was open - a public photo gallery. I wanted to password protect so I so only registered users (whom I created previously could enter) so I changed Gallery Type to restricted. Great, the index page is now a login page - not so great the users I created are not able to log in, nor the admin user. The only way I can access the site now is to go through ....zenphoto/zp-core/admin.php with the admin username and passord. The admin credentials do not work under the index login page nor do the new users work under either page. Using a registered user I get
    "There was an error logging in.
    Check your username and password and try again."
    Using the admin user the from just resets, but does not log in.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Does the log say anything more specific? Did you install manually or using a helper script?
  • For logon forms presented by your theme you would be using the user login/out plugin. Normally that is used for guest password login which do not require a user name. If you want to have this form also used for your registered users enable the "user name" option on the security tab.
  • Edited: Never mind.. I was confusing login issue.

Anyway, the show_not_logged-in plugin caused me equal trouble before I found it and disabled it. I had the above problem too and a few more. They blurred together.