Album & Image RSS Parsing

Hi there,
I'm currently having trouble getting spaces in my album and image names correctly parsed by RSS feeds. Currently what it's doing is, rather than parse the %20 (representing a space) correctly, it's instead parsing the % as %25 (the URL encoding representing a percentage sign) thus creating links that lead nowhere. Any help as to how to solve this would be appreciated.

Hm... this seems like it might just be a problem with how Mozilla is parsing the links. Is this just a problem with the browser and it's parsing the links incorrectly, generating %25 instead of just %?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    I don't know of any issue. But I do use a specific rss reader to view feeds. Have an example link?

Although it should generally works I would generally recommend to replace spaces with divis or underscores. Normally Zenphoto does that if uploading via the backend by default. It looks better in the url, too.
  • It generates a correct link, the problem seems to be with how Mozilla is parsing the link.

For example:
    http://ettugamer.com/zenphoto/Z/Zero%20Escape%20Virtue%27s%20Last%20Reward/Packshots/

This link was parsed by the Firefox RSS Reader. Unfortunately due to the link having %20 in it, it seems to have been parsed incorrectly as %2520. What's even stranger is that the link appears correctly (thus when it was generated and sent to the RSS Reader, the link was correct), and if you paste the link it works fine, but clicking it creates this parsing problem.
    Just tried your site and it seems quite slow to me. When I click on the rss icon I cannot subscribe using Firefox at all. Nothing happens actually.
  • Here, try this feed. Problem with the other feeds, I think is that there's just too much stuff. I dunno how to limit how much is getting sent to the RSS feed, but for the larger albums I need to figure out a way to do that.

http://ettugamer.com/zenphoto/index.php?rss&folder=B/Babel+Rising&lang=en_US

Click the first image to see the problem in action (assuming you use the Mozilla Firefox RSS reader).

Loads just fine as long as it's just one game, when it's everything it slows down to a crawl, though it does work if you wait a while (database has over 100,000 images and thousands of albums). Could also be the image quality/thumbnailing that's going on, as some of the images are huge (10000x10000 images that are hundreds of MB are not uncommon).
    Yes, indeed the links from the rss to your site are broken in Firefox and also from my rss reader.

Can you try a standard theme like Zenpage? It might be that this 3rd party theme does something with the rss links it should not which I don't know.
  • So I switched over to the default theme and it's giving me the same problem. Again, suggest using the above feed rather than Latest Images (Latest Images will load, but it took the better part of five minutes to actually load). I'll leave it on default until you take a look at it.

This was the link generated from the Babel Rising RSS feed using the default theme: http://ettugamer.com/zenphoto/B/Babel%20Rising/IshtarGate.jpg.php

It's basically a problem with the %20 (which is a space when interpreted as URL code) and the % sign, which is interpreted as %25 (ending up with %2520 which I assume the browser believes is just the link and thus finds nothing, as it's neither a URL code nor the location of the link).