Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE

Help me please, don't know what happen with my gallery
URL : http://angelina-place.com/photo/
I have not edit anything but just this evening I found message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/angelina/public_html/photo/index.php(3) : eval()'d code on line 1

How I should do? Thanks

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    More info please:
    - What theme?
    - Which Zenphoto version?
    - Other entries in error logs (ask your host if you don't know)?
  • Hey it same problem again with my http://luke-evans.us/picture/personal-picture/
    I don't know what happen yesterday it still alive fine

- What theme?
    I use modified from 'default'
    - Which Zenphoto version?
    - Other entries in error logs (ask your host if you don't know)?
    Don't what question I should asking from host? just ask them for error logs?
    You need to look at the Zenphoto and the server error logs for errors. Any good host provides access to those as they are base information on issues.

If you are on 1.4.5 I strongely recommend to upgrade to 1.4.5.5 at least. Also try an unmodified theme to see if your changes are the reason.
  • Ok Thanks I try email theme will past message here again after I got any answer and will try upgrade too

but theme is modified long time and it no problem since today, anyway, thank you your help, will update an issue again
    Themes change over time so that might be a reason for issues. Although the error you got is from the root index.php not the theme one. Best is to update and try again.
  • The error is an indication of a problem in the configuration file. You should compare your configuration file with the template found in the zp-core folder.

Others who have had similar problems have corrected it by removing the configuration file (after carefully noting the mySQL credential information) and re-running setup.
  • So I should try Update version and then remove configuration file file in zp-core and run setup again right?
  • That is my best suggestion.
  • I try upload new file but site not run into setup page, although already point to zp-core/setup.php but it still not go and show same error

but not error for index.php now
    The actual config file is within zp-data and not within zp-core (only the template is). If you are on 1.4.5.5 you need to unprotect setup files again.
  • To be clear, the recommendation is to remove the `zp-data/zenphoto.cfg.php` file then run setup to cause it to be re-created.
  • It work now, thank you so much for all sugguestion, I do in zp-date folder remove as you said and setup new admin user again