Displaying EXIF data

Hi there,

I'm having trouble trying to get exif data to show up.
I don't want to have it display in a separate box like it does on the packaged themes but under the photos like the description, tags etc.

I've been trying to use `printImageMetadata` but there isn't much documentation on how to use it.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• pass `false` as the second parameter of the call on `printImageMetadata`.
  • Hello,

I have also a problem with the showing up of my exif data. They simply don't display, although I can see in my database (via MySql) that they exist.

Did I forgot to do something when I installed the version 1.1.3.

Thanks a lot in advance for you help.
  • What's your camera make and model? And are you using watermarking? Currently watermarking will erase all of your cameras exif info.
  • Thanks for your reply aitf311.

I am using different cameras (Sony, Canon, Panasonic) and I am not watermarking my pictures with zenphoto (but with FastStone prior to uploading them with zenphoto).
  • Can you supply us with an image that shows this problem? You can attach it to a ticket on the trac.
  • I just sent you an image with ticket #353.
  • I have got your image. I loaded it to my test album. EXIF data is showing up for me. http://testalbum.sbillard.org/unpublished/guepes.jpg/view.

What theme are you using?
  • I am using DEFAULT as a theme, but I adapted the CSS and image.php for my needs. However I did not touch the EXIF part (apart of changing between 'true' and 'false' for testing.

`<?php <br />
    if (getImageEXIFData()) {echo "";

printImageMetadata('', true);

}

?>`
  • Can you try on an unmodified theme? This works for me with the default theme.
  • Yes, indeed, it does work with an unmodified theme !!! I'll probably have to start again with the unmodified 'defaut' theme and look also in the CSS. I'll keep you informed.
  • Here I am again.

I replaced the "image.php" page by a new, fresh one and now IT WORKS !!! I must have introduced a kind of bug into the old page.

Thanks for the idea of the unmodified theme.
  • Glad you got it working. I wish more people would think of trying one of the unmodified themes when things don't work. It sure helps to isolate where the problem might lie.
  • Is it possible to display the Exif-data only in the thickbox and not on the imagepage?
  • Isn't that how it is done now? At least in the themes I looked at.
  • Yep you're right! Lets see and hope if i only have to adjust the image.php to my style.
  • I am using now the default theme on a testpage with no adjustments to the .php files but when i change the css to one of my own old ones the exif-data shows on the page and when clicking on "image info" it disappears from the page and into the box! Pretty strange and that is why i think it has something to do with the css, dont know what yet.
  • Just reading my own answer. Big fun. It did definitly had something to do with the css i used and the css of the defaut-theme. Figured that out with the help of Firebug (plug-in for Firefox, great little tool). Missing in my css was ` #imagemetadata {display:none; ... etc.}` and now it works just like it says on the tin.