Users log

In the administrator page, is there any possibility to add (to the basics debug, security & setup) a log for the admin to trace the list of user's connexions (name, date & hour) or even better, the albums & pages they visit.

Thanks

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    That info is not stored. You can open a ticket on the GitHub issue tracker (NOT on the Trac bugtracker) so we may consider this for Zenphoto 1.4.5 (for 1.4.4 is it too late for new features).
  • It would be possible to record such. There are filters invoked for things like log-on and cookie validation which would provide the spots for capturing the data.

However, I would not recommend this. The way that web software works is that each time a page is displayed the user context starts afresh. So you would get a log entry for each page viewed. That could be a lot of data.
  • Many thanx sbillard,

It's preciselly what I'm looking for as there is a very restricted number of user authorized to access my website but for me it is mostly important to know what they did view and when they visited certain pages

So if you have any further informations which would enable me to build such a log survey, it would be fantastic
  • You would have to enhance the security logger plugin--make a copy under a different name in the `plugins` folder. Add a filter registration for the `load_theme_script` filter. (My best guess as to where you should do the logging. It is invoked whenever a page is loaded.

Add a function to the security logger plugin to handle that filter. It will need to use various Zenphoto global variables to get the information it needs to log. There is a common logger function to put the details into the log.

This will take some knowledge of Zenphoto and PHP to pull off. All the information you suggest be logged is available, so it is just a matter of collecting and formatting it for the logs.