Setup - database restore option not working

On the latest version 1.4.3.6, after running the setup, I clicked on the restore database option; I got an un-styled page asking to accept some licence and the following error:

"Endpoint Not Found"

So I was not able to restore the database as indicated in the zenphoto documentation for moving installation to new server:

http://www.zenphoto.org/news/how-to-move-my-installation-to-a-new-server-

Also, the option to restore the database was not given, as documented, on the dialog box to fill in the database details, but at the end of the script.

http://www.zenphoto.org/news/how-to-move-my-installation-to-a-new-server-

The content of the entire page is:

------
Logged in as | Log Out | View Gallery

Zenphoto License agreement

This license is in English because the Free Software Foundation does not approve translations as officially valid. Unofficial translations are available here.

I agree to these terms and conditions

Endpoint Not Found

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    You mean of course 1.4.3.5..There will probably be no 1.4.3.6 at all..:-)

Anyway, it is important that you always use the same version for backups. So not 1.4.2.x with 1.4.3.x Please also look into the error logs of Zenphoto and your server.

Sorry, if the description did not match. Probably we just forgot it... I don't remember right now but it might be different with the comign 1.4.4 as well. If you please could open a ticket on the issue tracker on GitHub that would be great so we don't forget it.
  • fretzl Administrator, Developer
    I just tried an upgrade from 1.4.3.2 to 1.4.3.5 and more or less got the same error.

Blank page with:
    `Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in .../zp-core/admin-functions.php on line 3337`
  • Probaby will need more details.

I have just downloaded the 1.4.3.5 ZIP file from the website link. I have successfully installed it over both the 1.4.3.2 and the 1.4.3.4 releases, no errors.

I then wiped out the database and did a "fresh" install also with no issued.

The licence page marcov describes seems to indicate that the the `gpl-2.0-standalone.htm` file is missing or somehow corrupt. fretzl's error might also be a damaged file.
  • fretzl Administrator, Developer
    Yes, my error must have been caused by a damaged upload.
    After uploading again everything is working now.