Captcha On Login Form

Good afternoon,

May be i might have missed something, but i'm trying to put a captcha form on my login form .
I've done the next steps :
.) Activate the extension zpCaptcha in the extention panel
.) Made a few changes in the option panel for this extention

But obviously nothing appear.

So my idea is that i sould put some code in password.php, using this function : getCaptcha("")
But for sure at this time i couldnt find any tutos. or documentation.
( Version Zenphoto 1.4.5
Version PHP : 5.3.16
Version PHP GD library : 2.0.34 compatible
)

Thanks a lot anyone for replying

Comments

• You will have to make a custom version of lib-auth.php with code to both show the captcha and to process its inputs when the user logs on. How to extend lib-auth is described in the plugin comment block.

But perhaps a better question is what are you trying to accomplish? Only a legitimate user will know the password, so the captcha is pretty much redundant and will make his logon task more annoying.
  • Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer .
    I took a look at lib-auth.php, and found printLoginForm function,and then at comment_form folder . I think it's gonna be very ,very complex to add this option on the login form ... :-( . But thanks a lot for your answer.

And you're totally right it's not usefull but my boss asked , he's not a developer and even doesn't know what is for a captcha, but he wants his captcha . You're right but he's the boss and i don't have many choices.

Thanks again
  • "He is the boss"--understood.

Maybe you should tell him you can contract to have this added. That might "smarten" him up to know that it will be expensive to have this useless feature. (These sorts of things get done at a rate of about $80/hour with a minimum of 3 hours.)