Updating

Instruction for updating aren't very clear.

It says to upload the new zpcore, themes folder and the index.php file. Where? Those files are, obviously, already on the server, do I overwrite them or do I create a new folder for the updated files?

What about all the customizations? If I overwrite files, won't those go away?

I ask because the last time I "updated" my zenphoto site, it went horribly wrong and the "update" completely hosed my site; I had to spend hours and hours rebuilding it from scratch, and it still doesn't work right(RSS is broken for example).

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Of course the files/folders are already there since you are updating. So you need to replace them with the new ones.

You can overwrite them but sadly because of the number of files sometimes FTP clients seems to do things wrong.

Therefore it is cleaner if delete the old files/folders first (beware of custom or customized themes within "themes" but that is clear hopefully..) and then upload the new ones.

If you have such issues probably the upload went wrong, otherwise RSS cannot be broken (beware that the rss links did change a while ago last year but that was announced).