What is the most stable versioin of Zenphoto?

I just downloaded and installed what appeared to be the current version (1.4.4). Right out of the gate I get a blank white page when trying to add my first album. Reviewing the forum, there appear to be quite a few problems with 1.4.4.

Apropos the "current support version", should I download that and re-install from scratch? Is there a previous version less likely to have outstanding issues?

Thanks in advance for guidance.

Comments

• I just downloaded and installed zenphoto-master.zip. It created the new album just fine. I attempted to upload some small .jpg and .png files, and in each case, the files appeared to upload, then I got an 'HTTP error'. I attempted to select the 'http' uploader instead of 'flash', and I got an error message saying it couldn't find the uploader. I guess I have no choice but to drop back to something quite a bit older. Any suggestions as to which version of Zenphoto is stable would be appreciated.

FYI:
    Zenphoto version 1.4.4 [215fd98cb6] (Official build)
    Current locale setting: en_US.UTF8
    Server path: /data1/samba1/www/pub/gma/gmx/zenp
    WEB path: /zenp
    Current gallery theme: Default
    PHP version: 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.18
    Graphics support: PHP GD library 2.0
    supporting: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp
    PHP memory limit: 128M (Note: Your server might allocate less!)
    MySQLi version: 5.1.66
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    1.4.4 is stable, otherwise we would not have released it and not use it ourselves on our site. Thera are/were some minor bugs (some already fixed in the support build that becomes 1.4.4.1 end of the month) but there are always.

In any case you should look into the Zenphoto debug log and the server error log. Also a look at the browser error log is helpful. If an uploader does not work that can have multiple reasons.
  • I installed 1.4.3.5, and it did create a new album just fine. However, when I attempted to upload some photos, it didn't work at all. I checked plugins and made sure the http and JQuery uploaders were enabled. However, when I tried to use them, it returned an error message as if those plugins were not present. Upon examining the plugins folder, I saw no evidence that they were installed either, but then maybe those plugins are stored elsewhere.

Reluctantly, I re-installed 1.2.9, and found that it worked fine on uploads, and generally appeared to be working as normal. I'll take another shot at loading 1.4.3.* (I have to be able to at least create an album, so 1.4.4 is out).

But there seems to be something fundamentally amiss if I can't upload with these later versions. The Zenphoto 'site' is accessed via:

<domain>/zenp/

Is it possible that I need to hard-code that path in the configuration in order for it to work properly?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Here's the version that is working:

Zenphoto version 1.2.9 [5088] (Official Build)
    Current gallery theme: zenpage
    PHP version: 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.18
    Graphics support: PHP GD library 2.0
    PHP memory limit: 128M (Note: Your server might allocate less!)
    MySQL version: 5.1.66
    Database name: gmxazp
    Table prefix: gmx_
    Spam filter: none
    Captcha generator: zenphoto
    Again:
    In any case you should look into the Zenphoto debug log and the server error log. Also a look at the browser error log is helpful. If an uploader does not work that can have multiple reasons.

Update: I can reproduce that all three uploaders do not work on my live test site and stop with an internal server error. Sadly that is all I get as an error. But they are working correctly on my local test site and on zenphoto.org. So I assume it must be something server specific (I argue some security thing) but I have no idea what. I will open a ticket so we investigate that. My colleague is currently away so it might take some time.

Does your server by chance have the Suoshin security server extension? (Ask your hot)

Meanwhile use FTP directly.
    Ticket opened: https://github.com/zenphoto/zenphoto/issues/177

All further info please there.
  • I had an issue with 1.4.4 as well. After an update to ubuntu, zenphoto said that I needed to update to the latest version. I did, re-ran setup, and suddenly was told that all of my permissions were wrong, and could only see a completely white page.

I restored an older version, and now the old version is only half working. I cannot see the admin "overview" page. It just keeps asking me to log in.

I have two instances of zenphoto, for two different sites. The one that I updated, and then restored, is a mess. The second one that I left untouched, and on an older version, is working just fine.

Very disappointed.
    Sorry for your trouble. But as always without proper error log errors we cannot really help find out what it is. A blank page can really be a lot of things, permissions, wrong htaccess etc.. Neddle and haystack.

Our own site runs on 1.4.4 without any issue and except the issue noted on the ticket all is working fine.