previous - next in others languages

Hello,

I just install the new version of ZenPhoto (1.1.7.). It's still the best gallery I know !
On the main page, you can choose language :
- Chinese Taiwan
- Dutch
- French
- German
... but no English. Is it normal ?

When navigating in a gallery, you have the "previous - next" links (top right of the page). There is no problem when using German but well when using French or Dutch.
You have :
<<              Suivant >>
Précédent

How can I change it ?
I would prefer : << Précédent --- Suivant >>

Comments

• English should be in the list. It is in mine. Right between Dutch and French. Check your install. there should be an empty folder in the zp-core/locale/ folder named en_US. If that is missing then you would not get the English choice.

As to the links, it would seem that there is more room needed for these links in you theme CSS.
  • Hello,
    The empty folder in the zp-core/locale/ folder named en_US was missing. After creating it, the English choice appears. I checked differents zip and tar.gz files, this empty directory seems to be always missing. Maybe, it's due to the fact that the directory is empty : some archives programs ignore empty directory.

For the links : it's interesting to notice that in English, the choice is :
    prev - next : prev and not previous (is "previous" too long ?)
    but in French :
    précédent - suivant : may be it should be more logical to put "préc. - suiv."

I will now try to modify the .po file in order to change "précédent - suivant" in "préc. - suiv."
  • fetard Member
    escurial : I will update my translation
  • @fêtard : merci beaucoup :-) Many thanks

I change the .po file, compiled it to a .mo file (using gettext for win32) and uploaded those 2 files.
    It's pretty strange because sometimes, I got "préc. - suiv.", sometimes "précédent - suivant". I clean the cache of Firefox, clean the cache of ZenPhoto... it's still the same. I will try to see it tomorrow with another computer.