Unable to create new user

Hi,

I have a problem while creating a new user...
I run a fresh install of 1.4.4 master (GitHub)

This happens only when user_groups is activated. (No problem if not) :

When saving the user information I get this message :

Warning: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /.../zp-core/functions.php on line 411

Fatal error: Forbidden in /.../zp-core/functions-common.php on line 280

Here is what I can see in the debug log :

ERROR GENERATED BY USER : Forbidden dans /.../zp-core/functions-common.php à la ligne 280
trigger_error called from zp_error (functions-common.php [280])
from zp_mail (functions.php [414])
from email_new_user::save (email-newuser.php [27])
from call_user_func_array (unknown)
from zp_apply_filter (functions-filter.php [148])
from admin-users.php [202]

Security log confirms that the request for adding the new user succeed. But the user does not appear in the admin tab, and the mail is not send to the new user (email_newuser enabled)

It is not a huge problem since I can register manually a new user with the extension off, but it could be nice to define automatically the rights for him.

Thanks ;-)

Comments

• The code being executed is taken from http://support.hostingplace.co.uk/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&cat=0000000039&id=0000000040

It has been in Zenphoto since before I was involved with the project, but frankly I do not understand why on earth it would be included in the sendmail functions since the site describes it as code to put into forms sent by email. So, it is both not where the directive says it should go and so far as I know we send no forms by e-mail in Zenphoto.

As to why you are seeing the error and no one has reported it before, I know not. It is checking for "illegal" headers in the POST and GET arrays. Those items are not part of the stuff that gets POSTed generally. It looks like an array has been posted in this case, probably causing all the problems.

I think that the solution is to remove the tests since I think they are invalid anyway.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    So in short look out for an update on the support build…:-)
  • I just encountered the same problem -- with user groups enabled, I was unable to add a new user. Disabled user groups, add user works. I looked for an error message in debug, but found none. Using version 1.4.4.3.

(Inconvenient, but not a major problem for me.)
  • Probably not the same problem or you would have got the warning above. It is a good idea to be sure that the topic does describe your actual problem or it might get overlooked. In this case since that problem cannot exist any more.

Yours, though, is different, but real. There will be a fix available in the support build shortly.