Albums/Images not visible after upgrade

I upgraded from 1.4.3.3 to 1.4.4 this afternoon. After the upgrade, none of my albums and images are visible on my website or on the administration album page. The overview tab on the administration page still shows the correct number of albums and images.

At first I had an error message about getTheme being deprecated. But while trying to fix the album problem, I ran setup again and I am no longer getting that error message.

I'd really appreciate any ideas on what I should do.

Comments

• I found the troubleshooting guide and the section "My images aren't displaying after installation and setup!" Owner permissions on the album and cache folders are set to read, write, and execute. php.ini has safe mode off.
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Any other errors? Albums and images published?
  • My main gallery page doesn't show any albums (I normally have 4 albums showing). If I type a keyword into the search box, the correct number of image is shown on an album page just like normal.

From the admin page, the albums tab normally shows the 4 albums and I can then drill down into subalbums. There is nothing in the list, but if I click edit album, the name of just one of the albums shows up. But if I click on that name, the next page is almost blank - the normal ZenPhoto header is there along with "Edit Gallery" but the rest of the page is blank.
    You really should have errors in your server and zenphoto logs. If you are using a custom or 3rd party theme you probably need to update that.

I could also be permissions or corrupt files on uploading. So I would suggest to re upload the Zenphoto core files.
  • I re-uploaded the zp-core files, themes, and index.php and ran setup again. When it still didn't work (it couldn't find any of the albums), I deleted everything from the folder and uploaded all of the files from ZenPhoto 1.4.3.3 since I still had those on my computer.

When I ran setup, it said that files were missing. I'm guessing it was looking for files from 1.4.4 since there couldn't be any files from the original 1.4.3.3 installation missing - I still have the original downloaded zip file. At any rate, I couldn't install the older version at all. So I deleted everything from the directory and uploaded all of the extracted files from the 1.4.4 zip file and then ran setup again.

I can now log into admin but I can't create any albums. If I go to the albums tab and click New Album I get a window to provide an album name. But when I enter an album name and click enter, I get a white screen with 0 at the top left.

Logs - Security:
    2013-01-26 19:50:17 69.179.233.186 Authorization cookie check Failed

2013-01-26 19:50:58 69.179.233.186 Album access user name name Blocked /images/stock/zp-core/admin-edit.php

2013-01-26 22:29:21 69.179.233.186 Install Success zp_admin version 1.4.4[4d20f7093e]

2013-01-26 22:48:01 69.179.233.186 Album access user name name Blocked /images/stock/zp-core/admin-edit.php
    2013-01-26 22:53:15 69.179.233.186 Album access user name name Blocked /images/stock/zp-core/admin-edit.php

I also had error messages in Logs - Debug. The last few are:

WARNING: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /hermes/bosoraweb053/b1877/nf.**/public_html/images/stock/zp-core/functions-db-MySQL.php on line 59

mysql_query called from query (functions-db-MySQL.php [59])

from query_full_array (functions-db-MySQL.php [98])

from getOption (functions-basic.php [299])

from require_once (functions-basic.php [260])

from setup.php [4]

{5451:Sat, 26 Jan 2013 23:54:57 GMT}

WARNING: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /hermes/bosoraweb053/b1877/nf.**/public_html/images/stock/zp-core/functions-db-MySQL.php on line 59

from require_once (functions-basic.php [262])

from setup.php [4]

from require_once (functions-basic.php [263])

from setup.php [4]

WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosoraweb053/b1877/nf.**/public_html/images/stock/zp-core/functions-basic.php:1047) in /hermes/bosoraweb053/b1877/nf.**/public_html/images/stock/zp-core/setup.php on line 8

header called from setup.php [8]

I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Donna
    Looking quickly at it you probably have a mysql issue and a login issue here. Are you sure you entered the right mysql credentials?

Sorry, I would have to pass the login stuff to my colleague. But in any case we will only be able to help with 1.4.4.
  • I had the same problem with zenpage theme because I left the old one, I uploaded the new zenpage theme and it works.
  • I feel confident that the user name, password, and database host information was entered correctly. The biggest question I had was whether to select MySQLi, MySQL or PDO. I asked someone at Netfirms but couldn't get an answer. I ended up just selecting MySQL - was that a mistake?

When originally upgrading a 1.4.3.3 installation I wasn't asked for any MySQL credentials. It seemed to have a similar problem with the correct number of albums & images listed on the overview tab, but none on either the admin album tab or on the website pages unless I used the search function.
  • Just a bit of additional information. I believe these were flagged as warnings during my installation.

MySQL Version: 5.0.91
    PHP Version: 5.3.13

Just noticed photoshopsp's comment (which was posted while I was writing this morning's first comment) - I did update the themes. The problem occurs whether I am using the default theme for 1.4.4 or my edited theme based on the default theme for 1.4.3.3
  • At first I had an error message about getTheme being deprecated. But while trying to fix the album problem, I ran setup again and I am no longer getting that error message.

If you rewrote the use of that function then ofcourse the error would go away. But if you did not, then maybe the `deprecated-functions` plugin is now disabled. You would simply get a missing function error which might not be in the Zenphoto logs, only in the CGI error logs.
    The biggest question I had was whether to select MySQLi, MySQL or PDO.

Any one of these will work. Generally if `MySQLi` is available PHP recommendes it over `MySQL`. The SQL warnings you got above were related to running setup and presumably have gone away now.

The `Authorization cookie` security log was probably also part of running setup and can be ignored.

The `Blocked access` messages come from a user with insufficient priviledges trying to directly access an album/image tab on the back end. As to why you are getting that, there is not sufficient information to know.
  • No question here - just posting because when I find a thread that addresses a problem that I'm having, I always appreciate it when the original poster says what they did to solve it.

The best thing I learned from this experience is to create a second installation with only a few photos. That installation isn't linked from any other pages and robot access is blocked. In the future, I can upgrade this installation and make sure I understand how to make everything work before I inadvertently knock out my gallery.

Since I really needed to just get my website back up and running, I uninstalled 1.4.4 and re-installed 1.4.3.3 and then replaced my database with a backup copy. Everything is working fine now and at some point I will make time to try 1.4.4 again. Thanks for all of your help.