Upgrade to 1.4.4: incomplete admin albums page loading

Hello,

I upgraded to 1.4.4 a few days ago, now in the admin the album page stops loading. I mean: it is incomplete.
The 2 last html lines are:
`

`
Tha main albums page is ok, with the list of albums. It is the pages of these albums which do not load completely.

There is no error message in the apache log.

What can I do?
Thanks for your help.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    As always: Server php error log? Zenphoto debug log? (The apache log will not help!).
  • Hello,
    In the Zenphoto admin, I see only one log: the security one. There I find this line:
    `

2013-01-31 17:55:36 78.242.24.18 Accès aux albums yann Yann Bloqué(e) /zenphoto/zp-core/admin-edit.php?page=edit&album=in-situ

`
    If I understand correctly: my user, "yann", is blocked to access this album. Problem is: this is the main account, the admin, with all accesses. An other account, which I gave the admin rights, is blocked too.

I have nothing in the PHP log.

Thanks for your help ^_^
  • Is "yann" flagged as the master user? Is it a member of a user group?

I suggest you do a Save on your user tab to be sure that everything is updated into the database. The error you see happens when the user does not have "album" rights set--that right is "invisible" and should be linked with the album management rights (Manage all or having a managed album assigned.)
  • The user "yann" is the first one, created at the installation, long ago. It is the main account. I did not see a user group feature, so I can not answer if it is in a user group.
    I removed the albums rights to this user, saved, then gave them back, saved again. I still have the same problem.

It was working fine before the upgrade from 1.4.3.5 to 1.4.4.

I just noticed another problem: in the page to load images, the behavior is the same: the page load only the header, not the content.
    I use the extension menu_manager: in the admin the menu is still there, but it is not displayed on the site.

I did this upgrade in the same way than usual, and following the upgrade instructions in the documentation. I don't understand what gone wrong.
  • Something else is going wrong as well--maybe that is the root of both issues. You should have been redirected to the overview page or at worst case to a login form. What does the `` html say?

Anyway, somewhere there must be logged a PHP error. That is the only thing that can cause a page to stop rendering. Ask you host where CGI errors are logged--that is the log you need to look at.
  • Hello,
    I have no redirection, the page just loads partially. Here is the title found in the html:
    `Conophytum, Lithops & Co gestion : albums-Album`
    And "Album" is not the title of the album I want to see (I get this whatever is the album clicked).
    If you want to have a look at the site, it is there:
    http://www.cactuspro.com/conophytum-lithops/ but the galleries are not accessible because of the bug: the menu is empty.

Regarding the PHP error log, I could activate it yesterday. I tried to access the page several times, and the only error reported (this morning) is:
    `[01-Feb-2013 08:26:36 Europe/Paris] PHP Fatal error: Cannot access protected property SearchEngine::$category_list in /home/cochard/public_html/conophytum-lithops/themes/zenpage/search.php on line 40`
    Which does not seem related to the problem.

I have the problem on my dev site too, which is running on my Ubuntu:
    PHP : 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.5
    MySQL : 5.5.29
    Zenphoto 1.4.4.1 [6586703011] (Version officielle)

As you can see, I just upgraded the dev site to 1.4.4.1, but I still have the same behavior.

I am stuck, I don't know what to do.
    On my dev site I can try many things if you have any idea on how to solve the issue.
  • The error you show, specially if it shows up on the 1.4.4.1 release, seems to indicate that some of your files have not been updated. This line is different in the current releases.
  • On your development site you can enable the `markRelease` plugin. That will provide a button in the admin utilities (overview page) that lets you mark the installation as a `debug` install--this will log much more information in the Zenphoto debug log.

also find the following lines in `admin-edit.php` somewhere around line 642:
    `

<?php printTabs(); ?>

`
    These are the last lines of your output.

around line 761 you will find:
    `

<?php printf(gettext('Edit Album: <em>%1$s%2$s'), $link, $alb); ?>

`
    This line would be the next output presuming there were no error messages to display.

You can start adding `echo` statements to see where things stop happening.
  • The line was found in the production env, still in 1.4.4. I upgraded only the dev in 1.4.4.1.

Thanks for the tips, I now get error messages which could help: it tell me it can not find one album:
    `

Fatal error: Instanciation invalide de l’album : in-situ/cono-in-situ/conophytum-longum/Localité 6km Sud d'Umdaus n’existe pas in /home/yann/web/cactuspro/conophytum-lithops/zp-core/class-album.php on line 654

`

This may be related to its name: "Localité: 6km Sud d'Umdaus"

I deleted this directory named "Localité: 6km Sud d'Umdaus", now it is better: in the admin I can access the albums!
    I don't know how we could create such a directory in the first place (it has been done by one of my friend with web access only: no ssh and no ftp), and then why Zenphoto was not able to handle the error caused by its presence. Such a situation may not be normal, but shouldn't Zenphoto be able to ignore it instead of crashing? I also got this error of invalid album when trying to update the database in the admin overview.
    May I suggest to put a check somewhere and display an helpful message for such a situation?
    I had only one such wrongly named album out of 1197.

This problem is solved, thanks for you help.
    I'll open new threads if other problems remain (such as the menu not displayed)
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    I would guess the issue was the ":" in the folder name, also the "'" or the accent could cause such issues. I would suggest to only upload via the backend and enable the seoFriendlyURL plugin (should be on by default) which will clear such chars from file and folder names.
  • Colons are not allowed in file names in some filesystems. However, the error should have shown up in a log somewhere. The error is fatal because it is not possible to create the album and something will fail downstream.

With the 1.4.5 release we are attempting to handle this error more softly, though. But that may not be successful.

We would be interested in how the folder was created. If it was Zenphoto, it should not have been allowed.
  • > We would be interested in how the folder was created

I maintain the technical aspects of the site, not the content which is handled by non-technical people (that's one of the reason I chose Zenphoto).
    So this folder must have been created from the admin pages of Zenphoto, but I don't know how.
  • If you ever find out how, let us know. I have not so far found a way to create an album with a folder name containing a colon.