1.4.4.1 - Strange issues while upgrading.

I got a 500 right away once I copied the files up.

`[Fri Feb 01 14:37:02 2013] [error] [client 76.173.45.41] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/username/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-db-mysql.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/username/public_html/gallery/zp-core/setup/index.php on line 228`

So I ran cp functions-db-MySQL.php functions-db-mysql.php and that got me in (yay, but weird).

The only thing I can think of is that `$selected_database` got punted to lowercase for whatever reason. BUT if I moved it, instead of copied, it failed becuase it wanted upper case.

It's very likely my server :)

PHP 5.4.11 CentOS 64 bit running mod_pagespeed (which BTW works great with ZenPhoto, in case you were wondering, fast as my cat on the 'nip)

But then I got this:

Welcome to Zenphoto! This page will set up Zenphoto 1.4.4.1 on your web server.

Systems Check:
You are not installing the latest version of Zenphoto.Version 1.4.4.1 is available.

One of those things ain't right :) Minor, minor, issue.

Upgrade ran like a champ after that. Happy security day.

Comments

• The check for the current version had a flaw in it, unfortunatly. The message can be ignored. We will look at the lowercasing. But you are probably right.
  • Ok, the first problem is indeed an unwanted lowercasing. It will happen only if the MySQLi PHP module is not installed. (You really should install it, the MySQL module is not recommended and will be removed in the future.)
  • Funny thing? I just rebuilt PHP on that box and made sure mySQLi was there (there were issues upgrading EasyApache and php 5.4.11, since I'd added in mod_pagespeed).