Problem with Step # 3

I must be dense! In step 3 you are asked to CHMOD 2 folders to 777... I cannot see those folders in the site nor in the downloadable zip or tar files.... What am I missing?

Duh!

Les :-)

PS Cool app!

Comments

• If they aren't there, you will need to make them with the mkdir command and then do the chmod.

Go to the directory where you installed zenphoto and type in:
    mkdir albums <return>
    mkdir cache <return>
    and then
    chmod 777 albums <return>
    chmod 777 cache <return>

That should get you going.
  • Hey "rickindy" ---- I created and chmoded the 2 folders in the same sub-directory as "themes" is in... No change. Did I install in the correct spot? Also when I run the setup.php file, I get "MySQL Error: Could not connect to the database server".

I appreciate your help.

Les (-:
  • That's the right directory.

If you can't connect to the database, not much else matters, since the site won't run.

Make sure you've got the correct database information from your hosting service and then enter that information in the config.php file
  • Well - I guess my brain activity has increased..... I created a MYSQL DB in cPanel, miodified the config.php and presto! It works... I think that Noobs will have problems with all this...... I am not a Noob and just assumed the Db would be created through "FM"! All is well that ends well!

Les :-)

Thanks 'rickindy"!