Zenpage - a CMS plugin for Zenphoto: Out now!

acrylian Administrator, Developer
One day after the release of Zenphoto 1.2.1 I finally can announce the initial release of Zenpage. Releasing at the same time was prevented by different time zones yesterday. Here is the official release post: http://zenpage.maltem.de/zenpage/news I don't want to write the same here again...:-)

Download and more information also on the Zenpage project site: http://zenpage.maltem.de

Happy testing and hopefully an unsuccessful bug hunt!

Comments

• cool!! but...

Zenpage will now create the required database tables and the optional upload folder.

Creating the database tables for zenpage:
    Table `zp_zenpage_news` could not be created!
    Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci' at line 18
    Table `zp_zenpage_news_categories` could not be created!
    Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci' at line 8
    Table `zp_zenpage_news2cat` could not be created!
    Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci' at line 6
    Table `zp_zenpage_pages` could not be created!
    Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci' at line 20

Creating the zenpage upload folder in the root directory of your zenphoto installation:
    Upload folder ../../../uploaded/ has been successfully created (or already exists).

had this problem also (the utf8 thing) a week ago with zenphoto nightly builds but this dissapeared some builds later..

guess itÅ› my database..
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    I am sorry, I only tested on MySQL 5.x (i have only that) so it might be that that is not working for early versions. Easy to miss that... Try to remove the collation part from the setup.php within the zenpage folder.
  • hi,

thank you for zenpage plugin but when i click on zenpage tab i have this error :

`

Zenphoto Error

La requête MySQL ( SELECT id, cat_name, cat_link, hitcounter, permalink FROM zp_zenpage_news_categories ORDER by cat_name ) a échoué. Erreur : Table 'zenphoto.zp_zenpage_news_categories' doesn't exist

`

can you help me ?
    by advance thank you
  • Acryllian, removing `CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci` did the job. i probably run in to somethings later but i could install zenpage.. play with it...and...wow
    with this zenphoto is complete!

Ow Mighty Acryllian, where is though pay-pal donate button?!
  • Thank you acrylian for all your work on this plugin.

I am getting the same error as plsk.

After activating the ZenPage plugin I get a new "ZenPage" tab at the top of the page. When I click on this tab I get:

Zenphoto Error
    MySQL Query ( SELECT id, cat_name, cat_link, hitcounter, permalink FROM `zenpage_news_categories` ORDER by cat_name ) failed. Error: Table '###.zenpage_news_categories' doesn't exist

Where ### is the name of my database

When I check the database there are no new tables created for Zenpage. I appears that the zenpage install has not run correctly.

ZenPhoto: 1.2.1
    PHP version: 5.2.5
  • plsk,

I don't understand why but this worked for me.

1. Activate ZenPage under "Admin > Plugins"
    2. Go to "themes" tab and select Zenpage-Default
    3. Browse to your ZenPhoto home page (the ZenPage config screen should appear)
    4. Click "Go" to install ZenPage

Hope this helps.
  • I'm getting the same error running Mysql 4.1 on Godaddy.

MySQL Query ( SELECT id, cat_name, cat_link, hitcounter, permalink FROM `zp_zenpage_news_categories` ORDER by cat_name ) failed. Error: Table 'domzen.zp_zenpage_news_categories' doesn't exist
    @plsk,egret,domc: That means that zenpage's setup did not run automatically as it should. You can run it also directly:
    `zp-core/plugins/zenpage/setup.php`

@BertSimons: Hahah, thanks. Well, maybe I should open an paypal account..:-) For now, you can just use the paypal button on zenphoto.org.
  • just two weeks ago I donated a small amount to zenphoto.. so consider a part of it for your effort!
  • flu Member
    Hi Acrylian.
    I've installed it and it works (even if I get a Warning: array_shift() [function.array-shift]: The argument should be an array in /home/myincrediblesupersite/zp-core/functions-i18n.php on line 375 when I save a page).

Does anybody deals with a french translation ? If not, I can do it.

Thank you so much, I'll test it further !
    Thanks! The warning you describe is actually a zenphoto function. I don't see that warning though.

A french translation is welcome. Please read this small post:
    http://zenpage.maltem.de/zenpage/pages/Frequently-Asked-Questions#17
  • The warnign is somewhat strange. It is an indication that something is corrupt in the language handling. But I am not sure what could be wrong as to get this error, there should have been earlier an error as well.
  • flu Member
    to acrylian :
    About Zenpage, I've noticed something strange :
    In the admin panel, when I click on the title of the page in order to edit it, the content fields are empty (but not the title field nor the titlelink field) even if the the page is already online.

For the translation, I don't exactly understand what's the difference between TitleLink and permaTitlelink...

to sbillard
    yeah I have some problems when I want to edit a field with multilingual mode on (some datas are not stored) , I guess I'd better do a fresh install one of these days.
    I can't reproduce the page issue neither in my local test install nor on my server (the zenpage project site runs just fine). Could you post a screenshot or so maybe? Are there any errors in the log? What does the content you entered look like?

Regarding permaTitlelink / Titlelink that is a minor detail (permaTitlelink should be checked by default). Please read here: http://zenpage.maltem.de/zenpage/pages/Frequently-Asked-Questions#10
  • I'm getting an error when trying to view the pages. I can view the pages when in the admin but not on the website itself. Here's the error:

The Zenphoto object you are requesting cannot be found.
    Album: news/category
    Image: Politics
    Theme page: index
  • If it is a page that you created in ZenPage, make sure that the Published box is checked. The box is on the right, under the date
    That it will be, pages and articles are unpublished by default. Note that as with Zenphoto the logged in admin sees even unpublised pages and articles.
  • is it possible to include php code into a page? so i can extend some pages with special functions like rss-feeds from other sites or my gallery?
    You can use the codeblock for that. Note that the zenpage-default theme is only set up for codeblock #1. If you need the other two you need to modify your theme.