403 Forbidden

I've uploaded the files to my server, but I get a 403 Forbidden error when i try to access setup.php. I tried deleting, re-uploading, changing permissions, etc, but no dice.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• jaci Member
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

My host's tech support isn't being of much assistance right now... :(
  • just out of curiosity.. can ypu put like a phpinfo() page up and see if that works or even an index.html with some content in it. I had a problem with my host and I was working with a subdomain and the way I wanted to do it didnt go with how their servers wanted it.. but anyways.. just see if ANYTHING showes up first....
  • jaci Member
    Thanks for the suggestion....I put an index.html in there, and I still get a 403 error whenever I try to access my zenphoto directory.

My tech support responded with this:
    "It appears to be an issue with your .htaccess file. When I removed it, it worked fine. Did you write that or did zenphoto generate it? One thing I noticed was that there is a path entry that is set to /zp. The full path to your installation is /home/pyrobunny/www/zenphoto."

I changed the config.php's mod rewrite to false in the hopes of getting rid of any .htaccess issues, reuploaded, but still doesn't help.

I don't understand the thing about the path entry to /zp. Can anyone explain that to me? My tech support is being super slow, and this is pretty frustrating.
  • CRB Member
    You need to modify the .htaccess file to point to the correct folder in which you installed ZenPhoto. In other words, change the /zp in the .htaccess file in the /zenphoto folder to say /zenphoto.

Look for this line in the .htaccess file:
    ```# !!! Change this to the absolute path !!!`

Underneath that, after the ```RewriteBase`, change the path you see there (which should currently read `/zp`) to `/zenphoto`
  • jaci Member
    is this .htaccess file in the zenphoto files, or is it going to be somewhere else on my server? if so, where is it normally stored?

i thought i had access to all levels of my server, but I can't seem to find it.
  • It is part of the zenphoto file set. You can find it at the top level. E.g /zenphoto/.htacces. Note the period at the start, on *nix systems this makes it invisible. This sometimes causes problems with FTP clients. Make sure you have edited the file correctly and uploaded it to your server.
  • jaci Member
    Thank you! Wow, it would be helpful if all this stuff was in the installation instructions, haha.

Okay, I set OSX to show invisible files, I edited the .htaccess file, and reuploaded it.

I am STILL getting the 403 Forbidden error, though.