Fatal error: Call to undefined function: checkforpassword() in /web/zp-core/plug

Hi

I get an error

`Fatal error: Call to undefined function: checkforpassword() in /web/zp-core/plugins/zenpage/zenpage-class.php on line 117`

when trying to run the admin part of zenpage on a client's server. setup.php ran fine.

Its a really weird VDE server or something - I dont know much about these things - and everything is really difficult to do compared with the standard linux stuff I am used to... Another thing is that it won't accept any file with a space in the name to be uploaded...

I get this with both the 1.0 release and the current svn version

any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Seems that something is not correctly uploaded or installed. That function is a Zenphoto template function. I don't know anything about VDE servers. Are these Apache compatible at all?
  • yeah - other pages that call this function seem to work fine.

So i went into the offending zenpage-class.php and commented out line 117 which was
    `if(checkforPassword()) { exit; }`
    and it seems to work now - but I don't really know what that will do to my zenpage! So far, nothing out of the ordinary is happening, but i have not done much testing. It seems like commenting this will make the admin pages do extra things as of they were template pages? Could it be harmful?
  • The other weird thing this server is doing is it is getting the text encoding wrong --- all the umlauts and other characters in the admin and pages are replaced with incorrect characters until I change Text encoding to Western Latin ISO while browsing in safari... could this be related?

THis is a new zenphoto install and, to my knowledge, I have everything set to UTF-8
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    The reason that check is actually there so that Zenpage pages/articles are automatically blocked if the site is password protected. If you don't plan to use the gallery password you can comment that out if it helps. Otherwise these pages will be not protected automatically.

The if statement before that is to prevent template class actions that are not needed on the admin files since both use the same class methodes. The checkforpassword does not impact that.

Encoding stuff is a complicated matter and we have some problems with that generally in Zenphoto. Maybe your db is set to western latin and not utf8? I did not encounter what you described on my installs though. Maybe it's these server typ you are using...?
  • how do you change the encoding of the MySQL database if the host does not have phpMyAdmin installed? I can't figure out how to do it and all explanations I have found just confuse the hell out of me :)

Yes - this webhost is something else. This is the last time I let the client choose the webhost :)