Comment in Zenpage

Hello,

I don't know how to do to have comment in Zenpage. I push the publish button to green and the comment button to green also.
But when i test the blog i only have my article with this :

jeu 19 mar 2009 21:45:03 CET | Commentaires : 0 |

I have no button or something to activate to write a comment.

Can you help me?

Regards
Laurent

PS : I use the last Nightly Builds : zenphoto-2009-03-20-trunk.zip

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    If you are using the zenpage-default theme make sure the general "Allow page & news comments" option is checked. This has been relocated from the general Zenpage plugin options to the theme options.
  • Yes fantastic Acrylian. I doesn't look in the good place.

Thank a lot
  • Hmmm, I have no chance.
    The comment zone are display know but i can't leave a message. I have no error display.

I have notice another stange thing : some of the articles doesn't want to be publish. The check box stay in red.

I use the zenpage-default theme to do my test

Thank
    Laurent
  • I notice another thing. When i check the box :

Check to enable comment section for images.

The comment works fine for zenphoto and zenpage. But i dont' want comment for the gallery i only want comment for the blog with zenpage so i only check the :

Set to enable comment section for news and pages.

But with this box check, the comment are display but there are not save in the database.

Thank
    Laurent
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Note that spamfilters akismet and mollom are broken (and sicne 3rd party will not be officially included with the next relase).

The articles not wanting to be published is a bug that will be corrected in tonight's nightly.

The Zenpage comment section is actually separate from the images/albums. They should work independently. I can't reproduce that right now.
  • Ok, for the bug

I'll delete all the folder and the database. I'll start a new installation with a new database with the tonight nighty.

I'll post the result after here

thanks again
    Laurent
  • Humm, always no chance for. It's the same i can't leave comment on the zenpage blog if i don't activate the comment for the gallery.

I delete the database, the folder of zenphoto on my server. I start from the begin.
  • Ok, i do a little "hack" at this time.
    I replace this code :
    `<?php if (getOption('Allow_comments')) { ?>` by

`<?php if (getOption('Allow_comments_hack')) { ?>` in the image.php in my theme and the comment are not display in the gallery.
    I know that is not a good solution, but it's works for me.

Laurent
  • Actually, this is a perfectly sound solution. Another solution would be to close comments on all your albums.
  • Yes, you are right. I doesn't notice this fonction before.

Thanks

Laurent