news as index but still galley

Have been playing with zenpage for a little bit now. With the new update I want my news as the index page but still want to be able to access my gallery. I have even tried 'index.php?p=gallery' but it takes me to my news on the index page. How do you access the gallery if you want news on index page.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Sorry, it is not possible to have both with that theme. You can either choose to have the normal gallery index with the top level albums like the normal default theme does or the news on index. The gallery.php page is the index page.

Generally the zenpage default theme is setup to use the print_album_menu plugin for accessing the gallery. If you enable that plugin it will show the list of the top albums on the sidebar.
  • Thank you I actually just figured to create a page and add the code to print the albums in the codeblock.
  • mypart Member
    Could you share the info on how you accomplished this?

I found the info on print_album_menu in the correspondent plug-in .php file but I'm not sure on how to include it in the page code. You probably enclose it in an _if_-statement that checks whether the page is titled something like *gallery* but I'm not sure how to exactly phrase this to not interfere with other zen-stuff...
  • I am interested in the same hack. Please share:-)
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    The print_album_menu of 1.2.6 has an option for a gallery index link: http://www.zenphoto.org/documentation/plugins/_plugins---print_album_menu.php.html#functionprintAlbumMenu