No writing possible

Hello,
I just installed Zenphoto 1.4.5.1 incl. Zenpage and got this fault: It is impossible for me to create or to edit text in the "Pages-" and News-section". I even don't see any space where I can write the text. This space appears, when I go to Options -> PlugIn -> Tiny_mce and change the text-editor configuration "Zenpage default full" or "light" to "Zenphoto default". Now it is possible to write text, but I still have no possibilities to edit it in any way.

Does anybody know what I can do?

Thanks
Olaf

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    It should look like this either with the TinyMCE button bar or without as plain text field. If it doesn't something is wrong. As always you will need to review all your error logs.

Current version is 1.4.5.2 btw.
  • Hey acrylian,
    thanks for your help. As far as I can see, there was no mistake during the install process. Perhaps the update will solve the problem.
    Olaf
  • Hey Acrylian,
    I'm still fighting for the possibility to edit text. I already de- and reinstalled ZP (now version 1.4.5.4) but I got the same result. No error messages during installing. Maybe something is wrong with Tiny-MCE? When I deactivated it, I could write, but no editing was possible. When I activated Tiny-MCE, I even lost the space to input text. Are there any other plug-ins necessary?
    I have no more ideas and I have not the knowledge to edit any php- or what else file.

Is this helpful: PHP-Version: 5.3.27, MySQLi Version: 5.1.66?

Thanks again for your help.
    Olaf
  • Quite possibly this is a a PHP problem. I know that some versions of PHP 5.3 have a bug in the handling of the `stripTags()` function. But there should be errors reported somewhere. Please review all possible logs to see what might be reported.
  • Hey sbillard and acrylian,
    just for your information: Installed Google Chrome a minute ago and all works fine. Incredible!

Thanks for your help.
    Olaf
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    The browser really should not make any difference. I do all tests using Safari 6 and latest Firefox primarily.