Stopdesign improvements

vpas Member
I've made some changes to the Stopdesign theme. It's the theme that I liked most, but it's missing some functionality. So far I have:-

* Changed the "Gallery Archive" link on the main page to actually link to an archive page
* Added an archive page that has a dated list of all photos, plus a tag cloud for the gallery
* Added 2 custom options for the width/height of the images to put into the cropped version of the image seen on the gallery pages. (Personally my photos rarely have the object of interest in the centre of the photo, so the default cropping that occurred would often be quite boring).
* Changed all instances of printCustomAlbumThumbImage() to make use of these new options.
* Added the ability to set/view a photos rating on the image page, providing that the rating plug-in is used.

I'm still very new to zenphoto, so this is all I've been able to do so far.

I have a context diff file made against 1.2.6-rc1 which I'm happy to have incorporated into the theme if the changes are acceptable, but I don't know what to do with the changes: Post them here? Email them to someone?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    You can open a ticket and attach your files there. But we of course can't guarantee that it will make it into the official theme.

Btw, you should do a compare with the official 1.2.6 or even better the nightly build (development always proceeds) to be sure as the RC1 is already outdated.
  • vpas Member
    I've created Ticket #1219 and added the files there.
  • vpas Member
    I've re-designed the archive/tags page that I originally created for this theme last week. However, I don't know what the best way is for linking to it from the main page.

The 'default' and 'example theme' themes both have an "Archive View" link, which goes to the archive page. The 'zenpage-default' theme has a "Gallery & News" link, and calls the list the "Gallery Archive".

For stopdesign the button labelled "Archive View" actually links to the index, and it even calls that page the "Archive" within the title and header text. This is what confused me.

I don't have the tools to make a button in the same style, so on my own site I've added a link called "Gallery Archive" in the Gallery Data in the bottom right as suggested in the ticket. To keep in with the rest of the gallery data, I added the total number of images as the number. That all looks fine (to me), but it's the button and index page title that seems out of sorts.

Feel free to look at http://vpas.org.uk/photos/ to see what I mean.

I'd welcome feedback on the best course of action.
  • Where can I download the updated theme?
  • Some of the changes have been incorporated (http://www.zenphoto.org/trac/ticket/1219) in the Zenphoto distribution.
  • How can I download the files instead of viewing them?
  • I downloaded the latest http://www.zenphoto.org/files/nightly/zenphoto-2010-01-10-trunk.zip

And there is still a bug with voting system.
    You have

if (function_exists('printImageRating')) printImageRating();

instead you need

if (function_exists('printRating')) { printRating(); }

Also how do I center the login box on the bottom? and do the same for categories because now it is displayed on the left side and distracts user from viewing photos.
  • Thanks, we will fix the voting system in tonight's build.

As to the login form, you would, of course, change the CSS
  • What style and how I need to change?
  • Why don't you take a look at the HTML generated? If you do not know how to make this kind of change you will need to educate yourself on HTML markup. This forum is not the place to learn CSS.
  • Well I see the <table class="password"> is used for login form, but it is not listed in photos.css
  • So maybe you need to add it?
  • I take of this thread to ask if is it possible to integrate zenpage in this themes?
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    It is possible to integrate Zenpage into every theme. But we have no plans to do so.