zpArdoise Modifications

Hi Vincent,

How it is possible to change :

1) Préc. into Précédent and Suiv. into Suivant in your Thème
2) Limit the number of Tags (they are too many in my web site lecarnet.com)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• vincent3569 Member, Translator
    hi

first solution : use less tags ;-)
    the more you use tags, the more they will be displayed, don't you think ?

another solution : in gallery.php, find this code
    `<?php printAllTagsAs('cloud', 'hor-list', 'abc', false, true, 2.5, 30, 5, NULL, 1); ?>`
    and try to modify `NULL` by another value (30 for example)
  • Thanks Vincent, and to display Précédent instead of Préc. ?
  • vincent3569 Member, Translator
    do as you want but it will break the design of the theme !

look for `<?php echo gettext('prev'); ?>` and `<?php echo gettext('next'); ?>` in theme's code and replace it by `'précédent'` or `'suivant'`.

with that tip, you will have your string but you lost multilingual site (I don't know if you use it).
  • OK. I come back with tags, they are generated automatically when i add an image, and are "hidden", it is not very easy to manage for each image.

Where are used those tags ?
    In the search feature of Zenphoto, but are they also used for the search engine ? For example in the meta tags of each html page, for the meta name=description and name=keywords ?
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Tags are not automatically generated when adding an images. Tags are managed on the tags tab on the backend. IF you don't assign them to an image, they are not assiged. Unless you have those tags embedded via EXIF meta data in the images already. Info:
    http://www.zenphoto.org/news/zenphoto-image-metadata-processing

Tags are of course used for the search if they are enabled on the search field options.

And yes, they are used for the meta name keywords tags if the html_meta_tags plugin is enabled (however those keywords are pretty useless regarding search engines nowadays).
  • Thanks acrylian, i understand, i have them in the EXIF meta data.

An option will be perhaps useful to see them directly in the admin mode... if it is not too consumer of ressources.

As i use them also for dynamic albums, i don't have to use the tag cloud feature of zpArdoise theme.
  • The tags are visible for each image on the image tab. But you do have to expand the view for the image via the "show more fields" link. Otherwise there would be simply too much information shown on the pages.