Can't edit album or image info

Upgraded yesterday to 1.4.5.4

Changed my SQL User ID and password (unrelated reasons)

I can upload images and create folders, but I cannot save any album or image info. Hitting save wipes out ALL the info.

I'm able to rename folders, but the album info is not saving.

Debug log on ZP is blank, but my PHP error log is filled with this:

`[Wed Oct 02 22:51:22 2013] [error] [client IP] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/public_html/gallery/index.php(3) : eval()'d code on line 1`

Edited to add; The database values are actually BLANK when I try to edit via ZP o.O

Comments

• Finally managed to get something that looks errorish...

`[Wed Oct 02 23:00:28 2013] [error] [client IP] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-basic.php(113) : eval()'d code:101) in /home/public_html/gallery/zp-core/index.php on line 117, referer: http://domain.com/gallery/zp-core/admin-edit.php?page=edit&amp;album=foo/bar&amp;tab=albuminfo`
  • Ah and now I have debug errors:

`
    {12515:Thu, 03 Oct 2013 06:00:28 GMT} Zenphoto v1.4.5.4[feb2ded8f0f1ca042f630e26601126635688e24d]
    WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-basic.php(113) : eval()'d code:101) in /home/public_html/gallery/zp-core/index.php on line 117
    header called from include (index.php [117])
    from index.php [15]
    {12515:Thu, 03 Oct 2013 06:00:28 GMT}
    WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-basic.php(113) : eval()'d code:101) in /home/public_html/gallery/zp-core/index.php on line 118
    header called from include (index.php [118])
    from index.php [15]
    WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-basic.php(113) : eval()'d code:101) in /home/public_html/gallery/zp-core/index.php on line 119
    header called from include (index.php [119])
    from index.php [15]
    WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-basic.php(113) : eval()'d code:101) in /home/public_html/gallery/zp-core/index.php on line 120
    header called from include (index.php [120])
    from index.php [15]
    `
    Sorry about the trip post :/
  • Can I go kick myself?

My end. SQL was a ... baQa'

I can edit now. I still get this though:

`
    [Wed Oct 02 22:51:22 2013] [error] [client IP] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/public_html/gallery/index.php(3) : eval()'d code on line 1
    `
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Please take a look at the root index.php file. Is there possibly a blank first line? That should not be there or a blank line after the closing `?>` statement at the end?

If so somehow your index file got corrupted. Try a reupload of that file. Otherwise I have no idea.
  • No blank line in index.php, though closing PHP tags aren't absolutely required by PHP. While it twitches my OCD a LOT, maybe it'd be a good idea to drop them entirely so it's a non-issue with core files?
    I leave it to the chief dev to decided if we drop the closing php tag which is indeed not strictly needed.

I can only assume you have some 3rd party tool interfering.
  • The index.php PHP error is unrelated (but a bug that will get fixed).
  • I'm not sure why *sometimes* the db does that. I find if I save settings and then edit it's okay. Very odd, and happens with the default theme and no plugins.

When did we switch to storing serialized data for the album info?
  • When did we switch to storing serialized data for the album info?
    Not sure what you are referencing here. If it is text fields in the album, they have always had the possibility of being serialized arrays since we have allowed multi-lingual handling.

BTW, none of the errors you have shown would impact the back-end.
  • Okay, I've never seen the text fields be serialized until recently. My site is one language (English) and it always just put the text in plain text. Now it's encoded and said en_US which makes sense when you talk about multi-lingual handling (and is BRILLIANT by the way!) but I don't remember ever turning it on ;)
    It's been that way since at least 1.4.4 (don't remember). This way you won't loose multilingual content if you turn it off anymore.
  • Depending on the fields, the ability for multi-lingual can be turned off. But best practice is to use the `get_language_string()` function to retrieve the data. This works whether the data is a serialized array or a simple text entry.
  • Can it be turned off globally? (Not that I'm not thinking about the future, but I'm being realistic fot this site ;) )
  • No, it is an option by option setting.

However, things will work if you directly edit the database to be a single entry.
  • Which means my script to do that and mass-edit images will work. Good enough for me.