Script update problem

I recently did the script update 1.4.5.4 and was asked to insert info about my SQL database.
As I did have that immediately at hand I cancelled the update which looks like it has caused a fatal database eror. When loading my album page now I get the message "$conf['db_software'] = "$conf['db_software'] = ""; MySQLi"; MySQLi".
How can I recover my photo database?
My Zen setup is done via Softaculous onto the ISP Digital Pacific web server.
thanks.

Comments

• Setup probably created a backup of your configuration file that you can use to recover from.

Otherwise, remove the damaged file and re-run setup. But you will need to know your database credentials.

But do download the 1.4.5.5 version as perhaps a bug in the previous version was the cause of the problem in the first place.
  • Thanks. Yes deleted the old setup and have recreated my albums via a backup.
    Have one minor problem now. I was setting up various new users in admin and now have a blank webpage when I go to my album's url, even at admin setting.
    How do I get to the administration webpage now to check the problem?
  • Further to this, I have found everything is ok when using Firefox, but I cannot get anything but a blank page with Safari or Chrome (Mac versions)
  • Ok, all's well now. I was able to use Firefox to do a database restore. I can now get to the albums via Safari and Chrome.
    Any idea what would have caused this?
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Outdated browser caches, server caches or a general permission issue. Hard to say without any error message.