1.4.5.5 Setup error

Just installed Zenphoto 1.4.5.5 (upgrade on top of 1.4.5.1) and getting the following error when running setup: "Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/homepages/45/d93956570/htdocs/zenphoto/zp-core/functions-db-mysqli.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php6') in /homepages/45/d93956570/htdocs/zenphoto/zp-core/functions-basic.php on line 167"

So if I understand it correctly it can't find "functions-db-mysqli.php" because the file name is "functions-db-MySQLi.php".

Tried to convert everything to lower case on the server and received different error because of lib-GD file which is spelled in mixed case in the php script line 222.

Update: Installed development build, still same error.

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Check your file/folder permissions, too. Development build is something different for the future version. If you should use the master build.
  • The name of the database handler (and by inference the name of the file) is derived from your configuration file. If that string is in lower case it will fail to load the PHP script.

But I do not know how that it would get lowercased. Certainly does not happen when I try things.

As you noticed, you cannot simply change the case of the files (on a system that has case sensitive filenames). Instead fix the configuration file.

Please also look in the backup configuration file and see what it has for the database software. These things really should not have changed on the update.
  • Thank you! I went to zp-data/zenphoto.cfg and found it has the following line:
    `$conf['db_software'] = "mysqli";`
    where it should've been:
    `$conf['db_software'] = "MySQLi";`
    as in the backup file.

When I initially copied new version files over I had "convert file names to lower case" checkbox ticked, so all of them came over lowercase and I just wonder if setup.php made half-baked attempt to fix configuration and that's how the change was made.

Anyway, I changed the db_software parameter back to mixed case and I am good now, thank you guys for your help.
  • If you actually converted filenames when you copied them, then that would be the source of the lowercase "mysqli". Setup determines the handlers from the files it discovers.

Never a good idea to change filenames. Lots of things could fail. In fact, the only way it could work is if your file system is case insensitive. But then the lowercase "mysqli" would have worked as well.