Upgrade attempts beyond 1.4.5.3 fail

I can't upgrade past 1.4.5.3 (fortunately I can still revert back). Both 1.4.5.4 and 1.4.5.5 fail with the same behavior.

Instead of my gallery or the admin login, I get a screen full of the contents of the zenphoto.cfg.php file and the dbug.log file reports multiple entries (many) of:

{20239:Sun, 06 Oct 2013 00:16:29 GMT}
WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/xxxxxx/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-basic.php(113) : eval()'d code:10) in /home3/xxxxxxx/public_html/gallery/zp-core/reconfigure.php on line 36
header called from reconfigureAction (reconfigure.php [36])
from require_once (functions-basic.php [142])
from require_once (functions.php [17])
from include (index.php [13])
from index.php [15]
{3567:Sun, 06 Oct 2013 00:19:00 GMT}
WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/xxxxxxx/public_html/gallery/zp-core/functions-basic.php(113) : eval()'d code:10) in /home3/xxxxxxx/public_html/gallery/zp-core/reconfigure.php on line 36
header called from reconfigureAction (reconfigure.php [36])
from require_once (functions-basic.php [142])
from require_once (functions.php [17])
from include (index.php [13])
from index.php [15]

(server path detail has been obscured as xxxxxxx and my zenphoto is installed into a folder named gallery, not zenphoto). This installation has previously been upgraded successfully for about three or more years and through many iterations.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

NK

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    I have no idea and did not encounter this on upgrades done recently (even from 1.4.2.x on one client's site). Please try to delete the config file (save your credentials before of course) and let setup re-create it.
  • Is it possible that you did not overwrite some of the installation files? For instance, the root index.php file?
  • Thanks. acrylian's suggestion of deleting the config file and letting it be recreated worked.

NK