Login problem

I've read "An overview of zenphoto users (Rights management)" - but I think I don't understand, sorry...

The situation: I've created a user and asigned it to a created Group. This group is for new registrations and just don't have any rights or can administer any album. Only the right to edit user-data is set.

When logging in with that account, the login-form appears again, without any message, what happend. In the top-right I can see a administer link, which contains "user (data editing)" and "logoff".

So i concluse, the user is accepted, but instead of showing the index-page, the login-form is shown again - and that might be a reason of "no right for anything, accept user-data". I've tried to set the right "looking galery", but that doesn't work. It's working when the album-right "access to all albums" is set - but exactly "all albums" is not that what I want for a new, unchecked user. Just the public albums should be accesiable for that account (like a unregistrated visitor)

The gallery is public, containing public albums and one protected album.

Can't figure out how to solve this situation. My suggestion is: if a registrated user (but uncheked by an adminstrator) is logging in, the account starts on the "startpage" off that album login in if rights for that album are set, or, in other cases, the index-site of the galery is shown with a hint like "You don't have permissions for that album" or something like that.

Realy hard to understand for me, the users and rights management in zenphoto - I'm sure it's just simple and works fine, but I'm too dummy to figure out how it works.

Thank you and sorry about that long post; long problem ==> long post ;-) ...

Comments