Zenphoto setup error on windows 8

Hi,

I have recently tried to setup zenphoto on localhost using both WAMP server and EasyPHP server . I have tried on both Windows XP and Windows 8. The setup worked perfectly on Windows XP but it has a problem in Windows 8. The problem is the connection to mysql ("MySQL returned the error MySQL not connected"). The possible reasons that I tried to solved were:

1- Port 3306 is blocked by firewall. So I opened it and now it is listening.
2- "localhost" is being used instead of "127.0.0.1" in configurations and setups. Now I'm using 127.0.0.1 everywhere.
3- Since Windows 8 is using IPv6 instead of IPv4, I changed the "listen 80" to "listen 0.0.0.0:80" in Apache configuration.

So I wonder what could be the reason then?

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Sorry, no idea. I am on Mac and use locally the MAMP package which always worked out of hte box.

I know my colleague uses WAMP locally as well so maybe he has any idea.
  • I've no experience with Windows 8. However, this would sound like a problem with the host address. I presume that if you are using IPv6 you should not be using an IPv4 address (127.0.0.1) for localhost.
  • I use xamp & I checked their forum and see posts concerning windows 8 there also.

Might see if someone has success with xamp on windows 8. I don't use W8 but Xamp is a good local host platform on WXP & W7. Forum has lots of activity.