Adding Album to Favs-Illegal string offset 'title' in functions.php on line 463

Hi!
I don't know why, but when I add an album to the favourites list I get the error message:
"Warning: Illegal string offset 'title' in /www/htdocs/.../zp-core/functions.php on line 463"

I use a my own ZenPage based Theme - but I tried the standard Themes (Garland, Default) and get the same error.
It only happens when I add Albums - Images work fine.
I tried to disable the Zenpage Plugin - didn't help.

So far I cannot think of anything else I could have modified...

Maybe somebody can help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance!
melbe

Comments

• This is some kind of failure with sorting results of a query. It is not at all obvious how it could happen, though.

If you could use the `markRelease` plugin to set the install to debugging mode and re-run your tests it will produce a stack trace of the error in the debug log. Perhaps that will shed some light.
  • Thank you! I hope I did the right thing, I activated the plug-in, clicked a few times and then checked the debug log. This is the output after clicking "Remove favorite" and "Add favorite" several times:

`
    {22524:Sat, 26 Oct 2013 18:58:57 GMT} Zenphoto v1.4.5.1[b17846cb99ae70bb320f42aee855a0e68c1e85e4]

WARNING: Illegal string offset 'title' in /www/htdocs/.../zp-core/functions.php on line 463

sortByMultilingual called from sortByKey (functions.php [1276])

from favorites->getAlbums (favoritesHandler.php [192])

from printAddToFavorites (favoritesHandler.php [374])

from include (album.php [56])

from include (index.php [111])

from index.php [15]

{22524:Sat, 26 Oct 2013 18:58:57 GMT}

WARNING: Illegal string offset 'title' in /www/htdocs/.../zp-core/functions.php on line 463

from include (album.php [91])

from index.php [15]

{14991:Sat, 26 Oct 2013 18:59:05 GMT}

from include (album.php [56])

from index.php [15]

{14991:Sat, 26 Oct 2013 18:59:05 GMT}

from include (album.php [91])

from index.php [15]
    `
  • Thanks, this is what I was looking for. Still analyzing, though.
  • Seems a problem with album sorting. Does not work, and will give this failure if the field is either "desc" or "title". For now you need to select some other field.
  • Thank you very much!! I just switched to "Sort gallery by: date" now it works!!
    Still strange though...Is there any chance to fix this? Or what could be the cause? Seems like I'm the only one encountering this problem?

Thank you for taking your time to help me!
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Of course this will be fixed as my colleague confirmed it.
  • It is actually now fixed in the support build. We would appreciate your trying that and confirming the fix.

The sorting did not give the correct sort at all. But the error would only occur on the Description and Title fields as those are multi-lingual fields and take a different path from the rest.

So maybe you were the only one using those fields and the favorites plugin. Still strange no one reported that the sort orders were wrong.
  • Wow, thank you for fixing the issue so fast!
    As soon as I get home from work I will check it and report back!