Front-end edit in 1.4.5.6

I like to use front-end editing and am aware of the security risks. I turn it off when not actively editing.

I'm trying to enable it for ZP 1.4.5.6 but so far it isn't working. Is it now no longer possible to use front-end edit at all?

I know that it was removed back around 1.4.2 but I'm not sure if that meant that the plugin was no longer installed as part of the regular installation or if the capability to use the plugin was removed then.

Thanks for any guidance

NK

Comments

• It is no longer possible to use this plugin.
  • Thanks. I'll stop trying to get it to work. Having said that and looking at the many postings here about Front-end edit, it would be great if something similar to it could be engineered for the more secure, admin side of ZP. i.e.: a way to display photos individually, large enough to see their full content easily with boxes for a few editable items like name and description. Editing album names etc was never the big deal with Front-end edit fans, it's going through a group of photos one by one that was the attraction. Yes, i know that I can edit titles, descriptions and lots more on the images tab but if I forget to "apply" after doing ten, I lose a heck of a lot of work and I never get to see the images in a decent size, just the thumbs. Thanks for making ZP the best.

NK
  • acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Then open a ticket.

I never get to see the images in a decent size, just the thumbs.
    There is a "zoom" button to see the full image.
  • Yes, i know that I can edit titles, descriptions and lots more on the images tab but if I forget to "apply" after doing ten, I lose a heck of a lot of work
    Then do an apply after each edit. Seriously, this is not an issue of editing it is an issue of how many edits are outstanding. No solution that allows multiple object editing will avoid this situation.