Silhouette (new theme in development)

Howdy all!

I've been working on a new theme -- like my previous Galleria theme, I wanted to make something "Flash-like", but that is done just using HTML/CSS/JavaScript.

This new theme, Silhouette, features a single large horizontal scrolling/carousel view of the gallery. You can navigate by clicking on images or with the arrow keys.

After hacking around this weekend, I've got a preliminary version live on my site. You can check it out jumping right to this gallery or browse my site (first link is safe, but please note my photography does include nudes if you venture into other galleries).

One neat feature of this theme is that it only loads the full versions of images a few spots before and after what you are looking it. It uses scaled-up thumbnails for the placeholder images. This saves on bandwidth and helps load times so it doesn't try to load the full versions of the entire album right at page load.

There are still a few kinks to work out, and I don't have all the features in place that I originally had in mind, but I thought it far enough along I'd share with the forum in case there were specific features people thought they might want.

Comments welcome!

Comments

• acrylian Administrator, Developer
    Would make a nice plugin, too...;-)
  • I'll have a look at that -- I haven't looked much yet at how ZP plugins work and what they can do, but I'll see if what I'm doing is... ummm... pluginisable. :)
  • Looks interested. Keep us updated.
  • I've got a post up that includes some documentation, as well as a link to both the jQuery plugin and the theme I have so far.
  • gjr Member
    very nice - will definitely try this out!
    @AlexWilson: If you use that post for further updates I would already add an entry on our themes section linking to it. I would take some screenshots of your site for illustration if that is okay for you.
  • Perfect -- I'll make sure any updates go on that post. Please feel free to make whatever screenshots you need.
    Ok, thanks.